8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how dark it is and if it has metallic in it. I like lighter blues like the 99-00 electron blue pearl and vivid blue pearl on the RSX-S. Pics dont always do the colors justice so I was curious to whoever has seen this color in person if it looks lighter then the pics, and if this color would show swirl marks like alot of dark blues do? If there is alot of metallic then it hides swirls more. Thanks

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Silver8th said:
Im pretty sure Fiji blue is not a metallic, but more of a blue pearl.
You can see the metallic base coat underneath, but if you haven't seen it, it's gorgeous. It's a slight purple to blue depending on the lighting but it really stands out among a lot of the blues on the road.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks

I can't really say what the car looks like in person.. except it is defintely a different blue than the older civics.. And when the lights are out the car does look a slight purple. Is it metallic? When the sun shines, the car has a glitttery look!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wicked_Stylz said:
Thanks

I can't really say what the car looks like in person.. except it is defintely a different blue than the older civics.. And when the lights are out the car does look a slight purple. Is it metallic? When the sun shines, the car has a glitttery look!

I remember the old electron blue purple had a slight purple tint in certain lights as well. Must be an Si thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i own one and it not lighter than the pics but does shade purple in the dark but not as bad as the blue pearl that normal civic have.

·
Registered
172 Posts
it really is a beautiful colour. specially when the sun is out.. ..

Shawn..

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Wicked_Stylz said:

Agreed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts