8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
i saw tht too, and iw as wondering what they did they either got the navi and took it out or cahnged the dash to the dx, im guessing they did that, i just want wait until someone actually does it

·
Registered
573 Posts
thats definetly a fiberglass or molded dash.. unbelievably costly compared to getting teh DX Faceplate and putting it on instead of your existing one..

·
Registered
24 Posts
ballplaya4237 said:
thats definetly a fiberglass or molded dash.. unbelievably costly compared to getting teh DX Faceplate and putting it on instead of your existing one..
so is it confirmed that the DX/navi dash will fit into the non-navi models?? i really want to replace mine ASAP

·
Registered
573 Posts
go to your honda dealer..say i would like to buy the dx dash piece and take a picture to show them what u mean (theyre idiots, except for any of them who look here hah) it should be like 30 bucks maybe..enjoi

·
Registered
241 Posts
30 bucks for all that, i think it would be more then that, i mean you have to swap out that section of the dash, sure you can sell yours, and swap with someone who has a dx i guess, but still a lot of money imo, but im suprised no one has made a dash kit and harness for the dx then, looks like you would need that part too if there is one that honda made

·
Registered
573 Posts
just put in a double din sized unit

The Dx dash piece is a piece of plastic..why would you expect it to be so expensive? 30 bucks sounds crazy to me.. go look at your car, look athe dash and you'll see the line where it cuts off.. maybe teh size of two or 3 pieces of paper put together would be around teh size of teh piece..if that

·
Registered
187 Posts
You want a 1 din space for your civic:

the "cheap," simple and easy way: Buy the dx dash and install it.
Probably more than $30 bux but definitely cheaper and less time consuming.
This is for the average aftermarket buyer

The expensive, cool looking, and complex way: Fiberglass it.
You gotta buy all the fiberglassing material and spend the time making it.
This is for the diehard enthusiasts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
r3dlin3 said:
The expensive, cool looking, and complex way: Fiberglass it.
You gotta buy all the fiberglassing material and spend the time making it.
This is for the diehard enthusiasts
Take it from me, 'glassing can take forever if you're a procrastinator.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alpinecivic said:
Maybe I’m alone here… but I personally think that is the ugliest mess of fiberglass, lights, gauges and orange paint that I’ve seen in my life. Why would any person pay that kind of money or waste their time to ruin a perfectly good car? If it’s a sponsored car, what company would want their product related to that?

I know it’s phat, ‘the ****’, ‘hot’, whatev… but IMO, ick.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
lmao..."the sh't...". I'm still the sh't :cool: ...

But seriously though, I agree. It's not as clean as it should be. None of the gauges look like they thought about where they were placing them. Looks a tad strange to me.

Now, that suede is the sh't....

Me and the suede are the sh't....:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts