8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i? what have your experience with them been? do you use them often? how are they controlled? i have a fiji blue coupe with hfp kit, i'd probable go with clear fogs, the yellow ones don't look as good on fiji.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
should i? what have your experience with them been? do you use them often? how are they controlled? i have a fiji blue coupe with hfp kit, i'd probable go with clear fogs, the yellow ones don't look as good on fiji.
yes. in my experience they made my car look cooler, and add light to the road ahead nicely. I use them all the time. If your car is an 06 you get a button, if your car is an 07 and you get the OEM you get the stalk which replaces your left stalk on your steering column adding a ring switch for fogs. i reccommend clear also unless your going for that JDM look that everyone adores.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The new OEM stalk for foglight switch doesn't come so cheap =[

You can use the one with the button but it would be dangling around unless your tie it up or tape it somewhere.

Anyone know the part # on that stalk?

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
fogs = aesthetics.....
usability wise....it kicks in during lousy visibility....so if ur in an area with lotsa heavy rain and fog...go for it....

adding weight isnt helping

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
mine both got smashed by rocks like 2 days ago DONT GET THEM they are crap from honda..... they break with the smallest of rocks. search for broken fog lights and you will get plenty of opinions about them.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
all the fogs are pretty crappy as far as standing up to rocks unless you put lexan lenses.

i think they will last longer if you

a.) dont follow so close behind people
b.) don't follow any huge trucks that pick up pebbles

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
all the fogs are pretty crappy as far as standing up to rocks unless you put lexan lenses.

i think they will last longer if you

a.) dont follow so close behind people
b.) don't follow any huge trucks that pick up pebbles
C) 30 mil film. Be sure to turn them off when you sit to avoid cooking the film.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would. IMHO, You need it since the civics only come with standard halogen lighting... Whereas some cars nowadays come with hid's standard. The extra light will help for sure.

I am totally gonna grab the OEM fogs no matter what when I get my Si sedan within the next month or so.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I bought "OEM LIKE" ones from EBay cost me $90 shipped, they come with the OEM button, I believe it works with 07' also. I haven't had a chance to install them yet because of the weather.

You don't HAVE to use the stalk right?

I figure if these break I won't be paying an arm and leg at least.

·
Registered
33 Posts
DEFINITELY buy that **** dawg!! I would go with the factory honda fogs and have them install em. I did exactly this and I could not be happier... Not only do they improve peripheral visibility but they also make the car look pimp as hell! Honda Service also installs them how they should be installed. I had them do it and they work great, plus, the on/off button is fitted next to the side mirror controls which makes it look like it belongs ya kno? Also, the fact that you are buying a Honda part MADE for your civic, gives you peace of mind and prevents any complications...

I wouldn't go for the yellow either, but you might want to look into the light blue. A helpful hint, you can buy the clear fogs and have them tinted in the color that you want. I know a guy that is going to tint mine for like 10 bucks in blue.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I bought "OEM LIKE" ones from EBay cost me $90 shipped, they come with the OEM button, I believe it works with 07' also. I haven't had a chance to install them yet because of the weather.

You don't HAVE to use the stalk right?

I figure if these break I won't be paying an arm and leg at least.
No you do not "HAVE TO" use the fog-stalk.

The problem is Coupes only have one empty slot next to the steering wheel for accessories such as fog lights or VSA. Sedans have three empty slots.

07 models and up are equipped with VSA and the cheapest way of adding on a button without changing anything drastic was to put the VSA button in the empty slot. So now we coupe owners don't have any vacant or extra slots to put those ebay fog lights in.

We can still use the ebay fog lights but you will have to choose either the VSA or fog light button to take the slot and one will be dangling around.

And I'm clean whore (hehe). I want the new stalk so I don't have a button hanging around making noise or tie/tape up and whatnot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.