8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called my dealership for a price of fogs and installation. he said $746. is that a ripp? thats like almost 500 in labor. i just dont know if its worth it, but i really want fogs. Im new to this stuff and i dont wanna f up my 08 si.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly stupid dealerships trying to rip me.... imma call a different dealership i guess, i was wondering what is a decent price to pay?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i wanted to get a price quote to get the xm radio installed, since its xm ready

one dealer wanted 770 for it, i told him i can get the kit for 250 and a friend to install, so he said he would give me a 100 dollar discount, i told him to go rip someone else off

then i went to another dealer and they wanted 550 for it

i'm just going to buy the kit and get a friend to install

i would sugest the same for you... the OEM fogs you can get them for around 250... or just an oem look alike aftermarket for less than 100

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plus we have no experience with wiring and installing fogs, ive changed my friends mazda 3 fogs and headlights to hid but thats about it

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
There was an article in super street for installing them a few months back. Maybe its on their website? NOTE* I only picked it up to read at the store cause it had a fa5 on it!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
what u should do is check out www.jayhondaaccessories.com or check out his myspace at www.myspace.com/jayhondaaccessories and send him a message. he is my parts guy and is always up for some internet sales. i know he can do them cheaper than that cuz he just sold a set to my friend for a good price. so check them out and see what they can do for u. and maybe check the diys like other members have said so u dont get killed on the labor costs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you want to go the easiest way without paying labor go with oem fog they should be around 220$. With oem fogs you will get perfect fitment and you will have the good harness which was not the case with my k2 fogs. Yes I paid 80 bucks for them but It was a pain in the ass because I didn't get the good subharness.

here's a link for oem fog install:http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13214

I have a pdf install for oem just pm me with you're email if you want it

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You can go through ebay and get the $80 fogs or you can call around, most Honda dealerships should price match. So call around and find the best price. I can get fogs for $150ish for OEM Honda fogs.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
yah like everyone else said, you can just go to Ebay, and get the K2motor foggies, they are really cheap, and fit like OEM, i have had mine for like 1 year, and no problems, and wiring should take like an hour to 2 hours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts