8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since my wiring harness i got was wrong for my fogs i think i may just hook them up to the power for my headlights so they come on whenever the headlights are on. what would be the best place to tap into for this?

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
jeremy0203 said:
well since my wiring harness i got was wrong for my fogs i think i may just hook them up to the power for my headlights so they come on whenever the headlights are on. what would be the best place to tap into for this?
Upgrade your fuses too then.
You'll be drawing too much power from your stock harness.

·
Registered
375 Posts
striker_1818 said:
Upgrade your fuses too then.
You'll be drawing too much power from your stock harness.
don't just upgrade the fuse in order 2 do that you'd have 2 upgrade the wiring 2. the fuse is there 2 protect the wiring and the fuse for the fogs is 20 amps so thats a lot more curent 2 add on.. by upgrading the size of the fuse u risk causing your wiring 2 burn and then ur pretty much just ******

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
fatality122887 said:
don't just upgrade the fuse in order 2 do that you'd have 2 upgrade the wiring 2. the fuse is there 2 protect the wiring and the fuse for the fogs is 20 amps so thats a lot more curent 2 add on.. by upgrading the size of the fuse u risk causing your wiring 2 burn and then ur pretty much just ******
by upgrading the fuse, your saving your harness but at a cost. If you want to replace your harness with say a 12ga wiring to hold up both headlights and fogs, then by all means do it if you know how-to. otherwise, Forget about it because you will make a mess, thus going to honda and boom they'd charge you an arm and a leg to get it back to stock (18gauge).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts