8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I can just in the beginning stages of doing a bixenon retrofit for my FG2. I really really hate the fact that my foglights turn off with my highbeams and am currently running the OEM harness. Does anyone know how I can bypass this mechanism? Is it just a relay I need to pull or is there some wires I can reroute in order to do this? I would still like to retain the OEM stalk so I can turn on the foglights but I would really like if there was a way I could just have them STAY on at all times.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how this works and can share with me the process. I would be willing to post a small DIY for others if I can get it to work.

EDIT:

Does anyone know what the relay in this picture does? (picture taken from this thread - http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/127228-diy-ebay-fogs-07-08-coupe-oem-stalk-130-a.html - Prorcracer87 - PM me if you want your picture taken down)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isn't it illegal to have fogs that stay on with high beams? i had some installed and when i had it inspected they told me the lights had to be wired to cut off with highs on.
I have done a little research and what I've found is that it is illegal to have more than 4 lights on the front of your vehicle at any one time (at least so i've heard). I am currently looking into doing a bixenon retrofit so I wouldn't have more than 4 on at any one time.

ya its annoying when the fogs cut off since i have HID's in the fogs..... i just end up not using the highbeam
My problem exactly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.