8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a few questions because I'm going to be getting fogs really soon.

Well first of all, I have a 2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX. I'm unsure to which fog lights I should get, k2motor or OEMs from Honda.

These are my options:

If I were to get OEM fog lights:
1) Should I buy the fog lights from collegehillshonda.com pre-hand and have Honda or a local car shop like SuperAutobacs install it?
2) Or should I buy it directly from Honda and have them install it.

The cons about this is that I've been reading and people are saying that I won't have the option of turning my fog lights off because it automatically stays on with the headlights.

I know this option is going to be pricey but how much do you guys think a rough estimate of everything would be?

If I were to get k2motor fogs from eBay:
1) Should I take it to a local car shop or SuperAutobacs and have them install it? Because I know for damn sure I don't know jack about cars, so I'm not even gonna attempt to install it.

The cons about the k2motor fogs is that people are saying that the glass will break over time, but getting lamin-x will help reduce that.

I'm kind of leaning towards getting k2motor fogs, but I just wanted to know what are your thoughts and comments before I make my decision.:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
well first of all im not 100% sure about the 08's but if u have VSA which u do u have to buy a function switch from honda (75$) if not u could like u said have them turn on automatically when u turn ur lights on.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
he's got a sedan...so no need to worry about the vsa switch...you have 3 spots, not one like the coupes.

Go K2motor route...glass breaks on the OEM fogs just as easily and is much more unnerving when it happens (cause it costs a hell of a lot more to replace). And the added benefit of the k2motor system is that you can turn your fogs on and off as long as you have some sort of lighting going on (parking lights, headlights, highbeams) and you choose when to turn them off.

I especially like this since I have HIDs in mine, and don't want them flashing with the double-lock honk (when you press the lock button twice on your key fob to lock and honk your car in a garage).

And install it yourself...it's more gratifying that way:)

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
OEM Honda Fogs are about $300 parts + $300 labor = $600 total
K2 Motoring Fogs are about $60 parts and + variable labor.

If you get K2 fogs and live in SoCal, I have a friend to does installs on the weekends, and for half the price of Honda. He's a really upstanding guy, and installed my fogs no problem. He stands behind his work and doesn't cut corners. If you're interested I can PM you his info. If you want, you can come check out my fogs too! I got the smoked black eBay fogs for the coupe. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ive noticed some of the ebay fogs, including the clear k2motor one has what appears to be a light blue bulb which reflects on the mirrors in the fog lights? Does the light that it emits look blueish or more whiteish? What is up with it? I bought my set from ebay from vertex racing and they also have the blueish bulb, but I cant tell you what the light looks like when its lit because something is wrong with mine and I cant get them to turn on :(

This is what im talking about...

·
Registered
274 Posts
or you can buy my yellow jdm ones for 100 and they are mint and will look dope on your sedan at night and it comes with all the hardware so the shop should charge u max 50 bones to install:dancing:

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
he's got a sedan...so no need to worry about the vsa switch...you have 3 spots, not one like the coupes.

Go K2motor route...glass breaks on the OEM fogs just as easily and is much more unnerving when it happens (cause it costs a hell of a lot more to replace). And the added benefit of the k2motor system is that you can turn your fogs on and off as long as you have some sort of lighting going on (parking lights, headlights, highbeams) and you choose when to turn them off.

I especially like this since I have HIDs in mine, and don't want them flashing with the double-lock honk (when you press the lock button twice on your key fob to lock and honk your car in a garage).

And install it yourself...it's more gratifying that way:)
:yeahthat:

thats me too

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, 300 for labor? I wasn't expecting THAT much! Thanks for your input Celcius.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I am thinking of getting fogs as well but i think I will get my honda dealership to do them. It will be a bit more expensive then doing it myself but they said it would cost me $440 with labour and taxes. Plus I have the warranty that my cars still has on them as well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am thinking of getting fogs as well but i think I will get my honda dealership to do them. It will be a bit more expensive then doing it myself but they said it would cost me $440 with labour and taxes. Plus I have the warranty that my cars still has on them as well.
440 including fogs or without?:redface:
Because I called up my dealership today, and they said it would be $357 for OEM fogs without labour charge.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
440 including fogs or without?:redface:
Because I called up my dealership today, and they said it would be $357 for OEM fogs without labour charge.
That is the fogs with labour. Pretty sick deal eh? Thats Honda of Grand Forks. I'm a Canadian who bought my Si in North DAkota.

·
Registered
274 Posts
because my parts are legit and all professionally installed? what possible problems can u have with a lamp a bulb and some wires? lol but regardless like i said they are in great shape so people cant tell the difference and everything was professionally installed and taken off so u got nothing to worry about what so ever. plus u got hella solid prices way better than 400 for fogs!?!?!:thumb:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ive noticed some of the ebay fogs, including the clear k2motor one has what appears to be a light blue bulb which reflects on the mirrors in the fog lights? Does the light that it emits look blueish or more whiteish? What is up with it? I bought my set from ebay from vertex racing and they also have the blueish bulb, but I cant tell you what the light looks like when its lit because something is wrong with mine and I cant get them to turn on :(

This is what im talking about...

Anyone? Some insight?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts