8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to get the dealer installed fog lights after you bought the car, id stillpay the money but can they be installed by the dealer and me stay on my warrenty? just curious.

·
Banned
325 Posts
lookimliam said:
is it possible to get the dealer installed fog lights after you bought the car, id stillpay the money but can they be installed by the dealer and me stay on my warrenty? just curious.
Of course, i didnt get my fog lights put on my RSX for about 3 months after i bought it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol this post is a little strange. Discussion of other cars and fog lamps in the same thread.

I am going to see if i can get the fog lamps with my car once I purchase it. I dont know if the warranty will still cover the fog lamps if they were installed after the purchase.

Out of the cars mentioned in the above poll. I would choose the mazda 3. you can get a navigation system and unlike the civic it comes with projector head lights and you can get leather + heated seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol nah those were the other cars on my list and im just seeing what other people would have chosen, its completely different from the fog light thing

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was told by my dealer that anything i got installed BEFORE purchase was under warentee of the whole car.. anything after had its own warentee.

I got the spoiler put on, but I'm saving up for fog lamps and the blue-light interior glow!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, no fog lights and courtesy lights together. So says Honda and the dealers.
There might be a 3rd party work around but I haven't seen anything yet.
I went with the fog lights since my Nav gives a nice glow anyways. :p

I put most accessories on my EX sedan at the time of purchase. The parts will fall under the original warranty. BUT the dealer also mentioned any additional official Honda accessory (after the purchase) would fall under the cars original warranty. Sounds like a difference of information. hmmmm

·
Registered
126 Posts
igts said:
what do you mean it cannot be installed together? you mean from the dealer? or what?
Honda claims you can have one or the other but not both. I'm sure someone will probably come up with a way to get both working.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The reason for "one or the other" is the pre-installed accessory power clip that they each would plug into. Simple splice of the power wire is all it takes.

My brother-in-law is a Honda technician, I'm sure I can work it out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
depends on the terms, like if it has to be brand new or not, and how long you would actually keep it.

I had a 2dr cobalt LS for 4 days as a rental car on a recent trip. I was actually really impressed, with it being a cheap chevy and all. It was really a pretty solid feeling decent handling decently refined car for being a cheap chevy. That said, it's basically the cavaliers replacement and probably will suffer from very poor resale value. I'd only get one new if I intended to keep it for many years untill it's run into the ground. For something to hold onto for just a few years or less, I'd go for a low mi one a couple years old for like half the new price, at which point it would be a better option then the other cars you have listed due to the price.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had my fogs thrown in for free after negotiating the price...just told my dealer that another dealer was going to throw them in to get my business...done deal. I told them I deserve it since I had to wait so long, and because they had passed up the car I wanted twice after making a deposit in hopes of selling me an Si with a $3,000 markup

·
Registered
254 Posts
The open space on the left side of the steering wheel, to the right of the side mirror adjuster... It's used for either the blue interior lighting option, which normal cars is a low level interior light. It's the same place the switch for the fog lights goes... I know, I wanted both as well... But it's okay... I need the fog lights for California driving when I'm back there at home. Here in AZ, it's for back roads with no lighting whatsoever...

·
Registered
254 Posts
They're pretty decent... But I intend to get some brighter bulbs for them though, plus I want them to be white instead of yellow. Si And Coupe have the same body minus the Si grille, rear emblem, and rear wing spoiler... Fog Lights cost 300+ at the dealership, not including the installation.

If you want to buy and do it yourself, you can find out how here... http://handa-accessories.com/civext06.html courtesy of kicker_jace from the forum...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
mplscivic said:
NOTE: Fog Lights and the accessory courtesy light cannot be installed together on the LX and EX Coupe.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/civiccoupe/2006_exterior.htm
Why is everyone saying this?
I swear i have them both installed an its working fine, is this for the DX LX and EX only? I am pretty sure its not because i am Canadian and you guys are American LOL The cars are put together here, well mine was . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts