8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the OEM style fog lights for good price in the GTA???

No dealership. Looking for a place who sells and installs.

Looking for blue fogs to match my HID 8K head lights.

How much does it normally cost? The lights and installed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i got mine off ebay for about $60-70 shipped

it will be $100+ to install these things. they say its quiet troublesome.
im sure there are some DIYs out there and you can try doing it yourself too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've been told the front bumper has to be removed to install the fogs.

Max Motorsport in Mississauga gave me a quote of $300 all included. Which is bull . I can dish out $170 the most.

But I've never bought anything from Ebay. Still an old school shopper.

Any tuner shop in the Toronto area who sells them for $70 a pair?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
OEM fogs are 300 for the kit and another 300 installed..ridiculous. I'm getting portabuddy to install mine once I buy mine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
232 Posts
I requested them to give me blue bulbs instead of the clear ones and they did.

Otherwise, just buy some H11 blue bulbs at Pacific Mall and put them in. Cost like $15

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
civic cruzer, you can try our local stores... like NextMod and OptionJDM first, they are like $150 range more or less... I can get someone install for you cheap. =]

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
crap, the bracket will go rush really quick, the film will melt. no longer yellow... lol... just buy it from our local stores, they are more reliable. Or simpily get clear lens.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
No they are not. the best fitting looking and the longest lasting are the ceapest ebay ones. at this point none of them fit properly anymore.

I spent almost two hours getting David's to fit properly, bending checking bending checking bending some more. and they fit FANTASTICALLY now.

It just takes time and patience. thats all. as for the yellow film they really are CHEAPING OUT big time. ive got a heat proof solution for the problem that took quite a few trys to find but thats another thread. the ones that i picked out for mike,

these exacly,
ION DRIVING FOG LIGHTS 06 07 HONDA CIVIC 2D 2DR COUPE : eBay Motors (item 120558261711 end time May-17-10 15:25:33 PDT)

Trust me we have installed 20+ fog lights already and the ones that last longest have a concave lense. like my old ones

these are THE strongest glass lenses.

anything that has a perfectly smooth surface, the ones that have a step up past the shroud then curve SUCK!, thats all you have to look for. getting them from local ppl saves you time only. They get them from the same source of just buy them off ebay and sell back to you.

the cheapest ones have the proper harnesses and switches that fit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No they are not. the best fitting looking and the longest lasting are the ceapest ebay ones. at this point none of them fit properly anymore.

I spent almost two hours getting David's to fit properly, bending checking bending checking bending some more. and they fit FANTASTICALLY now.

It just takes time and patience. thats all. as for the yellow film they really are CHEAPING OUT big time. ive got a heat proof solution for the problem that took quite a few trys to find but thats another thread. the ones that i picked out for mike,

these exacly,
ION DRIVING FOG LIGHTS 06 07 HONDA CIVIC 2D 2DR COUPE : eBay Motors (item 120558261711 end time May-17-10 15:25:33 PDT)

Trust me we have installed 20+ fog lights already and the ones that last longest have a concave lense. like my old ones

these are THE strongest glass lenses.

anything that has a perfectly smooth surface, the ones that have a step up past the shroud then curve SUCK!, thats all you have to look for. getting them from local ppl saves you time only. They get them from the same source of just buy them off ebay and sell back to you.

the cheapest ones have the proper harnesses and switches that fit.
Do these come in clear or blueish??? Where is your shop? Can I buy a pair from you and you install them as well???

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
Do these come in clear or blueish??? Where is your shop? Can I buy a pair from you and you install them as well???
they i belive have a blueish coloured lens but the light out put colour is determined by the bulb...

8000k is not blue (not in HID anyways) 6000K is but anyways thats something you get with HIDs NOT REGULAR BULBS!!!

we can install then for you no problem with or with out HIDs

we do not have a "shop" we work at home outside.

as you can see our rep is good around these parts and so are our prices (please pm me or portabuddy (bart) my bro)

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
Coupon valid for Honda cars and trucks only. Coupon has no cash value. Coupons must be presented during repair order write up. Expires May 31, 2010.

and either way 15% off is really only 2% off of the price of the light and installation and just no tax sadly the light it self is no better then ones found on ebay... just for a shite load more money

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shops quoting $300 installed are making a fortune (approx.$250/hour for labour to be exact, $50 or less for the kit). Being no electrical expert whatsoever, even I installed these, actually pretty strait forward. The worst part is re-drilling holes in the fog light brackets to line them up properly in the openings in the bumper cover. Yes, the bumper cover does have to come off, not a big deal though either, 10 or so round lock clips along the bottom, a screw in each wheelwell and 2 hex screws on the rad cradle. The rad cradle garnish/cover will come off with 4 or so of those round lock clips. This is for most/all of those cheap "OEM style" ebay fog light kits, they're all the same, weird-ass looking harness, nothing like the OEM one, and none come with instructions, other than a B.S. note saying "Professional Installation Required",... bullcrap.

As per my 07 Coupe DX, wiring install is as follows:

Fog Light Harness:
- Red wire goes to Pos(+) terminal of the battery
- Black wire grounds to car, I used a rad cradle bolt
- Red wire with bullet connector connects to long length of red wire that goes to car's interior. I ran mine behind drivers headlight, inside DS fender, through a factory rubber grommet hole accessed from inside the DS wheel well to feed it through into the interior. Temporarily remove some of the lock clips holding on the wheelwell splashguard. This rubber grommet is on the cab pillar, above the fuse panel, at approx. car's 1/2 height, right in front of the door. You can easily see it from inside the car looking up in there, or from the outside when you pull back the splashguard and look there.
- The relay I used a rad crade bolt in front of the battery to mount it there, so it and the in-line fuse are just tucked down in front of the battery.

Interior Harness:
- Green plug to the switch, of course
- Black wire to ground. I found the fuse panel mounting bolt and slid the c-connector under it and tightened it back down.
- Red wire connects to the wire coming from the engine compartment (both bullet connectors).
- White wire, cut off the c-connector and replace it with a fork connector, or any flat/spade connector that would fit into a fuse slot on the fuse panel. This plugs into the #6 fuse slot or factory Fog Lights slot.
Ta-Daaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

- Pop out the dummy panel on the dash and click in the switch into it's factory location.
- You'll have a bit of the excess harness wire and red wire coming from the engine compartment, just bundle them and tape them up and tuck them away for the clean look.

Now I know why they call this stuff plug-n-play, because really thats all there is to it. And there is no blowing fuses or botching of any factory wiring. And they look GREAT!!!

Happy cruzing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shops quoting $300 installed are making a fortune (approx.$250/hour for labour to be exact, $50 or less for the kit). Being no electrical expert whatsoever, even I installed these, actually pretty strait forward. The worst part is re-drilling holes in the fog light brackets to line them up properly in the openings in the bumper cover. Yes, the bumper cover does have to come off, not a big deal though either, 10 or so round lock clips along the bottom, a screw in each wheelwell and 2 hex screws on the rad cradle. The rad cradle garnish/cover will come off with 4 or so of those round lock clips. This is for most/all of those cheap "OEM style" ebay fog light kits, they're all the same, weird-ass looking harness, nothing like the OEM one, and none come with instructions, other than a B.S. note saying "Professional Installation Required",... bullcrap.

As per my 07 Coupe DX, wiring install is as follows:

Fog Light Harness:
- Red wire goes to Pos(+) terminal of the battery
- Black wire grounds to car, I used a rad cradle bolt
- Red wire with bullet connector connects to long length of red wire that goes to car's interior. I ran mine behind drivers headlight, inside DS fender, through a factory rubber grommet hole accessed from inside the DS wheel well to feed it through into the interior. Temporarily remove some of the lock clips holding on the wheelwell splashguard. This rubber grommet is on the cab pillar, above the fuse panel, at approx. car's 1/2 height, right in front of the door. You can easily see it from inside the car looking up in there, or from the outside when you pull back the splashguard and look there.
- The relay I used a rad crade bolt in front of the battery to mount it there, so it and the in-line fuse are just tucked down in front of the battery.

Interior Harness:
- Green plug to the switch, of course
- Black wire to ground. I found the fuse panel mounting bolt and slid the c-connector under it and tightened it back down.
- Red wire connects to the wire coming from the engine compartment (both bullet connectors).
- White wire, cut off the c-connector and replace it with a fork connector, or any flat/spade connector that would fit into a fuse slot on the fuse panel. This plugs into the #6 fuse slot or factory Fog Lights slot.
Ta-Daaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

- Pop out the dummy panel on the dash and click in the switch into it's factory location.
- You'll have a bit of the excess harness wire and red wire coming from the engine compartment, just bundle them and tape them up and tuck them away for the clean look.

Now I know why they call this stuff plug-n-play, because really thats all there is to it. And there is no blowing fuses or botching of any factory wiring. And they look GREAT!!!

Happy cruzing!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts