8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just heard that if you have warranty on your SI and if you want to install on your own fog lights I will lose the warranty on my car... is that true if so how much would dealer charge me for installing the fog lights

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
If you start having electrical problems, then yes. But if you have a problem with motor or transmission, then no. But if you do the install exactly like the dealer would, they will never know you did it..The techs won't notice that they weren't there when you bought the car because they don't check your car or remember what everyones car came with.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put fogs myself in my 07 LX leased vehicle, and I even showed the tech as I was proud of the job I did, lol. They had no problems, even when I traded it in, they knew about the fogs and couldn't care less, said it makes no difference as long as it looks stock/decent.

·
Registered
570 Posts
i wouldnt bother putting fogs in honestly. i had mine installed at the dealer and a lens cracked on one within a month. once you cut out the spot for them you are stuck, keep the grill in i would say. i replaced the lamp and pulled the fuse so they dont work and put smoked laminx on them. the laminx will melt so i took fuse out so my wife doesnt accidently turn them on.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
ya, i don't get it when people think their ENTIRE warranty will be like torn up if they do xyz. but ya, i went to the honda dealer and told them to make my power outlet(s) constantly on like american cars have, and they said it's a fire hazard. well then, i guess all american cars are fire hazards i told them, and said thanks a lot. i then took it took it to circuit city and they told me that if there is an electrical problem, and the dealer sees the rewiring, they may deny my claim. of course, you could say the same thing for installing something as simple as satellite radio, gps, or anything. they have to PROVE it. they can't just say "we see you had something hard wired here, we're not fixing anything electrical now". of course, you have the issue that they could say that, and then you have to get a lawyer or call honda corporate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.