8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week i posted up pics of both my fog lights that were destoyed from rocks. I called Honda today and they told me it would be $640 to replace both the fog lights. I almost died when he told me that!!! It was something like $440 for the lights and $200 for install.

I just wanted to get opinions about the price they are charging and maybe some other solution because I dont want to replace a POOR quality product with another POOR quality product. Hopefully there is a way to get around this. I've been reading up on the Lexan stuff and it bubbles so i would rather not do that.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well if you replace your fogs with the same thing..it's bound to happen again. These fogs break easily. My brother has an 05 RSX..practically the same fogs as ours, and his has broken twice now. First time he got them replaced by insurance because he got in a wreck shortly after, but the 2nd time he never got fixed. I don't think fully replacing the fogs with OEM ones from the dealer and having them install it would be the best choice. Maybe look for some e-bay fogs or something and try the install yourself?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you replace your fogs with the same thing..it's bound to happen again. These fogs break easily. My brother has an 05 RSX..practically the same fogs as ours, and his has broken twice now. First time he got them replaced by insurance because he got in a wreck shortly after, but the 2nd time he never got fixed. I don't think fully replacing the fogs with OEM ones from the dealer and having them install it would be the best choice. Maybe look for some e-bay fogs or something and try the install yourself?
I've been looking on ebay and all i can find on there is OEM Fog Lights. They are cheaper if I buy them off of ebay but they are still crappy quality OEM. anyone have a link to other ebay fogs?

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I got these I had the bad harness but your's are already hook up so these should be a good cheap way to replace them and you're best solution will be to put lexan lense instead this way they won't break but if you like to keep replacing them don't put lexan lense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-...020QQitemZ300178762647QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

they should have clear lense fog too
:yeahthat:

It's bound to happen again if you just replace the previous set with the same set. It will still be glass that's protecting the bulbs. Just get some lexan and replace the glass with that. There's really no point in getting an additional harness, foglight unit and bulbs. The only thing that really needs to be looked at is the glass...

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
So last week i posted up pics of both my fog lights that were destoyed from rocks. I called Honda today and they told me it would be $640 to replace both the fog lights. I almost died when he told me that!!! It was something like $440 for the lights and $200 for install.
Thats a little pricey for the fogs. You can get the OEM ones over at collegehillshonda.com for $262 shipped. I dont think there's a fog out there that is really dominant in quality but I guess for the price, its better to get the ebay ones.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Just buy the K2 fogs and replace the housing. They are around 60.00. Much cheaper than 250.00 and they LOOK the same and perform the same

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Just buy the K2 fogs and replace the housing. They are around 60.00. Much cheaper than 250.00 and they LOOK the same and perform the same
I cant find those on EBAY. i see everybody on 8thcivic talking about them, having them, etc...

I've searched "Civic k2" "k2 fogs" "2006 civic k2". NOTHING comes up. What do i search for?

$60 bucks is really cheap! I was thinking of getting fogs but then i saw 250 from college hills honda and was like FUDGE THAT!

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
ebay $40 plus.....or wait someone here sale it. Someone sold me a Honda OEM for $65.:dancing::dancing: I haven't have crack yet...don't jink me....:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the help guys. I will probably go for the ebay ones and then put a couple layers of 3m overtop of them to protect them a little better. If those fail then I guess lexan is my only solution.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I will probably go for the ebay ones and then put a couple layers of 3m overtop of them to protect them a little better. If those fail then I guess lexan is my only solution.
If you get K2, you won't need to protect it. I had the same problem as you, both my stock fogs broke, Honda was going to "good faith" replace them only once. I told them I didn't want another set, cuz they'd break again. So they offered to refund 50% of the purchase price I paid for the fogs (witch was $250), I then bought K2 yellow fogs and had the housings swapped out. Haven't had a problem since. K2 FTW!!!! :dancing::thumb:

·
Banned
339 Posts
If you get K2, you won't need to protect it. I had the same problem as you, both my stock fogs broke, Honda was going to "good faith" replace them only once. I told them I didn't want another set, cuz they'd break again. So they offered to refund 50% of the purchase price I paid for the fogs (witch was $250), I then bought K2 yellow fogs and had the housings swapped out. Haven't had a problem since. K2 FTW!!!! :dancing::thumb:
what did u have the housings swapped out to?
using the ebay harness is their any drawbacks to control?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts