8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a few people have cutout the plastic piece where the factory fog light goes and have inserted mesh screen for looks, but has anyone seriously considered constructing a plastic pipe that runs from the fog light hole and then connects to the factory resonator tube or replace the factory tubing all together? The end of the tube could just end near the filter on a SRI or perhaps even connect to a univeral heatshield to surround the xintake, injen, fujita, or aem SRI. Another simple way to do this would be to cut the fog light hole, remove the front of the resonator box and install a mesh screen over the hole.

I would like to see someone construct a high quality product that does just this.

I believe the ram air/cooling affect of this mod would create surprising results, perhaps not on a dyno, but in real world driving conditions.

Any thoughts? I think you'd be as popular as xfactorx these days if you made such a product.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I cut my foglight opening (not for looks), but to allow more air into my CAI which sits right behind it. :thumb:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Seriously! I wish someone would do this. The Mugen intake for the JDM Type-R is designed exactly like that.

See...

I was hoping Comptech's icebox would be built the same, but who knows when they'll be up and running again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts