8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 06 Civic Si with fog lights. They are not factory. They only have the white/red wire going into the plug. In the factory ones they have a blue wire going in too. What does the blue wire do in the factory fogs??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory fogs have two wires you have to hook up. One is blue and one is white/red. The after market kit just has the white/red.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the blue wire power up when the fogs come on or ground? Does it do the same thing as the white/red? My fogs stay on when my high beams are on so I figured it had something to do with that or is there an indicator on the cluster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
giantquesadilla didn't see your response. Yes they work. I just looked around and noticed in a few posts they were 2 wires instead of one like mine. I was just curious what the other one did so I could hook up another wire so mine did the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
fogs normally shut off when the highs are on when factory lights are in place its like a remote cuts things off and on when they need to be on or off no where near a ground

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn't quite understand what you just said. All I need to know is the blue wire a ground or a power wire and does it ground or power only when the low beams are on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that is a good idea. Now that I know it is the dash indicator I will be able to figure it out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The blue wire is only on the factory kit. That is why I was wondering what it did so I could put in the extra wire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts