8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched around the forum and have been provided a link (thanks ohiocivicracer) to the guide on how to rewire my fog lights so that they come on with my parking lights. My concern is that when i trigger my alarm, the fog lights will flash with the parking breaks. I will be using HIDs on my fogs so this solution is not the best for HIDs.

I am wondering if any wiring guru's out there would be able to give me some information on how to get the fog lights to only work when ONLY low and high beam are on. this will eliminate any issues with the fog light HIDs flashing when i flash my high beams.

My though process:
When low beam is on, it triggers a relay to allow the fog light to turn on, I can use diode and find a source for the High beam which can trigger the same wire(s) and hence the fog light will not turn off when in high and low beam.

Better idea: Find out where the fog light relay is triggered and find another wire in the car that can trigger this relay (not headlight related) so that i can turn on my fogs anytime (only while the car is on) and this wire will not be affected by any headlight condition at all.

Well i hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a solution but want hear other options just in case..

Currently i have bixenon projector retrofits. My low beam turns on my HID, when i flash my high beam, it activates the HID AND the high beam shutter.

Basically when in low or high, my single HID kit stays on and when in high the shutter moves out of place to allow more light out which = high beam

I can use the same wires to control the relay for the fog light so that in essence, the fog light will only be on when my HID kit for my head light is on (which is when in high and low beam)

HOWEVER

I am looking for a solution under the dash to give me the same outcome. Right now my wiring harness for my retrofits are under the hood. if i could avoid running wires back into the car it would be great.

I would images that if i can find the 12v for High Beam and the 12v for Low Beam, i can use two diodes, connect one end of each to the fog light relay.

This way the relay will only be activated WHEN the high or low beam in the car are powered... (i am also assuming i could use a negative trigger if it is available)

Well i am sure if we all put our ideas and the electronic Gurus can share some info we can make this work..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.