8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a r18 and was wondering how much a difference a light weight flywheel would make? what it would do and what advantages a stage 2 or higher clutch would have? i have my intake on and exhaust,headers, short throw and pulleys in the mail. any other performance mods you could suggest?? thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
drivability would decrease with a lightened flywheel but you would see some nice gains across the board, upgrading the clutch is really only good for a FI setup, and for more power right now I cant think of any other mods

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
drivability would decrease with a lightened flywheel but you would see some nice gains across the board, upgrading the clutch is really only good for a FI setup, and for more power right now I cant think of any other mods
new clutch is necessary for FI but its also a good idea if you are going to be doing hard driving. You always want to strengthen your drivetrain even if you are running stock engine if your drivetrain will be taking some abuse.

·
Registered
631 Posts
new clutch is necessary for FI but its also a good idea if you are going to be doing hard driving. You always want to strengthen your drivetrain even if you are running stock engine if your drivetrain will be taking some abuse.
driveability does decrease. but power gains is worth it. I got stage 1 and lightweight and love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts