8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my friend just decided to put a flowmaster 40 series on my car the other day.
i already have a greddy SP2, but i wanted a bit more volume, so we cut off the main muffler, and then proceeded to weld on the flowmaster
-all i have to say is wow, it sounds almost exactly like my old R32 did, it brings a tear to the eye, it really does
i'll post pics and a video later, cuz me and my friends are going to go dyno our cars tonight so wish me luck.

btw, my mods are greddy sp2 w/ flowmaster, CT engineering intake, and p2r throttle body spacer, soon to have the CT engineering shortie header

·
Registered
588 Posts
wow, i wouldn't have done that with a greddy sp2....i actually like the sound of the greddy sp2, and it's probably gonna get louder with the ct shorty header. But if you like it, that's good for you. Good Luck with the dyno tonight.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i thought we had sport compact cars, not freakin muscle cars!! in my eyes, flowmasters are for muscle cars, plus u messed up a perfect new exhaust for flowmasters, ooohhh mmyy LAWRD!!!! we got another ricer to take care of 8th... in for vids i guess...

·
Registered
363 Posts
i thought we had sport compact cars, not freakin muscle cars!! in my eyes, flowmasters are for muscle cars, plus u messed up a perfect new exhaust for flowmasters, ooohhh mmyy LAWRD!!!! we got another ricer to take care of 8th... in for vids i guess...
:pat: Flowmaster makes exhausts for imports now days. Granted it wouldn't be my first choice, I'd probably of gone with Magnaflow.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I disagree, I don't really see how the fact that Flowmaster is well known for its american car exhaust systems means that it couldn't be a nice sounding product on an import. Not saying it would be my first choice, but hey I'm in for a video of how this sounds...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i'm juss saying... for me.... when i hear flowmaster, i think of v8 instantly... i live near summit and the big thing for them is v8 and all the older guys talk about are their flowmaster exhausts... i know they make exhausts for sport compact, but the big picture for them are v8...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wow, i wouldn't have done that with a greddy sp2....i actually like the sound of the greddy sp2, and it's probably gonna get louder with the ct shorty header. But if you like it, that's good for you. Good Luck with the dyno tonight.
you messed up a Greddy SP2 for a Flowmaster.... WOW ok

glad you are happy though.
:xyxnervou I would have stuck the original exhaust you purchased but to each his own. In for vids!
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope the vid isnt me, and the dyno didnt happen tonight, but we did get the muffler on.
me and my friends are going tomorrow to the dyno so just hold on for the vid tomorrow please.
and i just got sick of the sound of the sp2, and it was either the flowmaster, or i buy a new spectrum elite, i went the cheaper route.
but it sounds like an extension of the intake note, so a lot like my old injen which i really like, just wait till tomorrow and then #'s and sound lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude what i do with my money is my business, and i did not know when i cut it up it was discontinued, if i had known, i probably would have made a custom axle back, but hey it's too late now isnt it.
so oh well it's not like i came to your house and f'd with your set up, so be happy, and it sounds good too, when you hear it you will like it.
-just try to be open minded please, we dont need a flame war here

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.