8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone always rants about their cars.....this is not meant to be one.....but I have 6400 miles on my 2007 Black Si and I am about ready to wear straight through the drivers floormat!!?! Anyone else having terrible wear? Does Honda sell the drivers seperate? Did anyone get the All weathers? THANKS!!

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
inyong1988 said:
how much do you weigh?

ummm, are you tryin to hook up ? I mean if you look like your avatar i might be down.....

I weigh about 180lbs.....although I am not sure where you are going with this. I cant imagine if I weighed 200lbs they would wear out faster. Its where my heels sit on the floormat....

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
My mats are pretty worn too, by the clutch. I put my heel on the floor when clutching in, and that area is worn down, as well as on the gas pedal, but not as much there, since I can rest the whole foot on the pedal.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I have 2 little heel spots that are obviosly worn. Its really happening quickly. Its not like I am wearing weird shoes where the heel would be hard on the mats or anything. Its just how fast they wear I guess!! Sucks. The all weathers are always an option but I would prefer the carpeted when its not winter....but not if I have to buy a new set every 10,000 miles....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Izzy said:
My mats are pretty worn too, by the clutch. I put my heel on the floor when clutching in, and that area is worn down, as well as on the gas pedal, but not as much there, since I can rest the whole foot on the pedal.
same with me, right under the gas pedal is pretty worn cus i always leave my heal around there. it looks ugly :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just purchased the floor liner from weathertech for the SI since my Mats are complete dirt magnets and I have only had the car 4 days. With how quickly this cars interior gets dirty someone needs to invent a complete interior liner, or seran wrap the whole thing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought an extra set of Si mats off of here. I'm gonna keep them until my stockers wear out.

Come winter I'm going to invest in the all-season mats. They will help cut down on the snow and salt.

Soon as spring sets back in, the Si mats are going back in. They just look to hot to leave out!

As for wear and tear, I've been very careful not to "dig" my heels in. I've worn down the mats in ever car I've ever owned, I guess its just something you have to deal with.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i really doubt weight plays a role in it, im about 135 and at ~5000k the mat is already wearing. I only recently switched to the all seasons, and damn i feel much better about the wear. Should be easier to clean as well since i could just take them out and drench them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
the stock si mats blow. i started to get wear, but nothing serious so i took them out and bought all seasons. best purchase so far. to clean just take them out and shake, all done. no vacuum needed. if you live anywhere where it snows these will be even further of more value to you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't beleive you are worried/surprised that your floor mats are wearing out. Is this your first car? Am i on candid camera? If it upsets you take your shoes off when driving.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you only had cars where they wear out??? Do you take your shoes off when your driving a 3 month old car so you dont wear out the floormats???

I am suprised because it has been 6300 miles!!! I have owned a GTI, a Audi A4, a Audi 100s, a Mazda B4000, a Ford F150, a Wrangler and currently the Si and a 1968 911 and have never see wear like this.

I had 112,000 on my GTI when I got rid of it with orig. floormats and their wear was slightly worse than this Si at 6200 miles. I guess just like with everything, we shouldnt question Honda about cutting corners...since they will deny it anyways.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't take my shoes off. I don't worry about wear on floor mats. I just drive the damn thing. If it bugged me enough i'd get factory replacements. My 00 ex needed new floor mats as i wore a hole through the rubber backing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts