8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading many old threads about Flashprotuning.com's Stock Tuned tune for our 8th gen's, i decided i was going to pull the trigger to see if it was still as good people said it was.

I have to say... i purchased this tune not too long ago, did some city and highway driving, and i have to say i am utterly impressed....

For about a year and some now i have had the regular Hondata Stock Tuned map on my car and after uploading this new tune the car is so much more responsive and smooth. I couldn't stand the knock counts and a/f ratios i was seeing on the Hondata tune. Even after attempting to tune the map on my own i couldn't of come anywhere close to the precision this tune has. The knock control, a/f ratio accuracy, ignition timing etc. is very precise & accurate. The car feels much different and drives much better now than it ever has. I've even improved on fuel economy!

I initially was on the fence about spending $100 on a tune for a stock car from an online source, but i tried it out anyways and it was definitely worth the money.

My car:
- 2006 Honda Civic Si. 205k kms on the odometer, Completely Stock, No Modifications except Flashpro
- I drive about 200-300kms a day (City & Highway) on roads here in Ontario, Canada.

If anyone is out there like myself who can't decide on whether to pull the trigger or not. My advice would be to go for it! You will not regret it for a second :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is awesome that you noticed wonderful results with the Flashpro!!

I have been a discussion with this tuning shop that can offer hondata services to get my car tuned with Flashpro or Reflash. They said it is not recommended to do Flashpro or Reflash on a stock Si.

What are your thoughts here on this? I'm not sure where the tuning shop is getting this intel from? I feel Flashpro alone is the missing link to making it drive and perform so much better.

I don't plan to modify my 07 Si at all. I'm essentially adding subtle things that I feel Honda should have done from the start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts