8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i have hondata flashpro. my car is using the base sri w/ race header MAP calibration for my 08 si.

previously, before my header, i was using a sri MAP calibration.

after i reflashed my car with the new sri+header MAP calibration the vsa button doesn't seem to work. even if i had vsa turned off (! light is off) the car would still allow me to peel out, burn out.... etc. i don't know if this is normal with the reflash because it's never done this before with the previous sri MAP calibration or before i added the sk2 header.

i've had a problem with grinding, but only when my vsa is on ( ! light is off)
when i do a WOT 1st gear pull. shift fast into second. it grinds into second and sometimes doesn't even go into gear

when i have vsa off ( ! light is on) it doesn't seem to grind into second.
so what's going on? anybody else have these problems?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
This is a question, I remember seeing the solution to "cold starts" where it would not start up as easily, can someone link me, i know its in the hondata chat thread, but that thread is a mess.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Here's my problem- I'm boosted and I have the 4 bar map sensor installed. I'm using the generic 4bar extended boost map, and 4bar is selected in the calibration section under sensors.
How do I edit the fuel/timing/cam angle maps so i can go over 11.5 psi (.8 bar). I know it's possible I just can't figure it out.

Oh ya I'm not a dummy, I figured out how to right click on the columns and edit what psi they represent. This is real frusterating.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Here's my problem- I'm boosted and I have the 4 bar map sensor installed. I'm using the generic 4bar extended boost map, and 4bar is selected in the calibration section under sensors.
How do I edit the fuel/timing/cam angle maps so i can go over 11.5 psi (.8 bar). I know it's possible I just can't figure it out.

Oh ya I'm not a dummy, I figured out how to right click on the columns and edit what psi they represent. This is real frusterating.
Now after you selected the 4 bar, did you save it? also, I'm not sure why you need to change the numbers in the column. Doesn't it go up to 18psi as the default setup? Use the GReddy 650cc map and change the sensor to 4 bar and try that.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Also, I think you should use the GReddy base map as a starting point. Since it's "more tuned" so to speak. The generic maps are not tuned at all. They are just a base map to get it to idle. There has been no tuning done at all with those. And I believe it is done with the 310cc injectors.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Your right it's for 310 inj a couple of quick tweeks and it working pretty good. I was using the greddy 650 map till I put the 4 bar map into it. I didn't know where to switch the sensors in the software. I've figured it out since, but the calibration I'm using now doesn't let me go over .8 bar which is reallylame since I'm using the 4 bar map.

Update- mike I just tried the greddy 650 map w/ the 4 bar selected and it's the same thing. Won't let me tune over 11.5 psi, this sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Your right it's for 310 inj a couple of quick tweeks and it working pretty good. I was using the greddy 650 map till I put the 4 bar map into it. I didn't know where to switch the sensors in the software. I've figured it out since, but the calibration I'm using now doesn't let me go over .8 bar which is reallylame since I'm using the 4 bar map.

Update- mike I just tried the greddy 650 map w/ the 4 bar selected and it's the same thing. Won't let me tune over 11.5 psi, this sucks.
That is really messed up. I just tried it to see what would happen and it's working fine for me. I have no idea what to say to you. What's it actually doing? Does it give you an error message or does it just not let you change anything?

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I right click on the last column, select edit load index, in the box below load(MAP) if I enter anything above 11.5 psi I get a error message that says "Load value must be less than the next value of 1.8025"

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
I right click on the last column, select edit load index, in the box below load(MAP) if I enter anything above 11.5 psi I get a error message that says "Load value must be less than the next value of 1.8025"
That's not what you think. You can't have a higher load index than the next column. You have to start at the highest point and work your way backwards. Column 18 can't have a lower load index than column 17. That's all that means. You really shouldn't even have to change the load indexes unless you are booting past 18psi. Are you? For example, column 18 can't have a value of 13psi if column 17 says 15psi. Get it. I thought it wasn't allowing you to change the fuel values in the boost columns past 11.5psi. lol..

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I just figured it out. I went to the options section an selected show all columns, it was on show boost columns. Now it goes all the way up to 34.7 psi. I'll mess with it tomorrow, I'll also try the greddy base map too. Thanks for the help mike.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i have problem setting my launch im using 550 c injector base map and everytime i try to change launch limiter to 4k it goes back to 6

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
i have problem setting my launch im using 550 c injector base map and everytime i try to change launch limiter to 4k it goes back to 6
You might have to change the recover RPM first. Sometimes FP won't let you change settings when there are 2 value associated with that particular setting. Try lowering the recover RPM before changing the actual launch rpm. That helps sometimes.

·
Registered
643 Posts
not sure if it was because of the flashpro but it only did this one time but that car stayed on even when i took my key out and i wasnt able to lock the car with the key so then i had to stall out the car and then restart and then turn back off and then everything went back to normal remote working and car turning off and on properly

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
odd knock / flashpro q's

so I installed FP and have been playing around with the datalogger. I flashed my car with the sri injen base map. I noticed I was getting random knocks when cruising.. around 3 or so. Is this phantom knock or the real deal? Something to be dreadfully concerned with? Also I see there is an AFR sensor and an AFR corrected sensor. Which one should I be concerned with? both?. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 527 Posts