8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Civic coupe ex with the 1.8L. So it started a few weeks ago when my car just died on me and would not start. Ended up being a gauge fuse in the dash. Replaced it and it ran fine for about 20 minutes then died again. Has 2 cylinders badly misfiring. Changed the spark plugs and tested the fuel injectors. Still couldn't get it to stay running. I had it towed to the dealer where they replaced the fuel pump and all 4 coils. They told me it was good to go but when I went to pick it up it would fire up and stall out. They kept it for a couple more days and proceeded to tell me I had a bad cat and it needed to be replaced. It was clogged up which is why it wouldn't stay running. I had it towed back home after being tired of paying them. I took the cat off and tried to clean it out score I ordered a new one (worth a shot). After doing so and installing the car does run but I have a flashing cel. It's a rough idle but will smooth out at higher rom and randomly it will start stuttering. Even with the pedal to the floor it will stay at 1000 rpm. Then it'll shoot back up to where it should be. I don't want to spend the money on a new cat if I don't have to. Any thoughts? Would a bad cat make my engine misfire. New plugs, coils, and fuel pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the cat but you check fuel Injectors?
I just made the assumption the technician checked them but I should probably check them myself. Seems like they did a bunch of parts changing but no actually diagnostic. I know they're all firing but it's possible one may have a leak.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had this issue before too, was not connected properly at the clip to injectors. turned out to be my clip was not placed on the Injector properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
MRBOOST_915
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing