8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I recently upgraded my civic 07 auto to a full LED conversion, that being said, I did my blinker as well since my headlights are smoked. I have hyper flashing and I don't really want to bother with resistors (I'm not too good at that) but I don't mind buying a flasher relay since it would be an easier job for me. I would like to know the location of the relay specifically and if switching it to a LED compatible one would solve my hyper flashing. (I honestly don't really care about the hyper flash but I wouldn't mind having it back to normal) Also, it would be great to know the size of the flasher relay if you have any idea thanks! *I did check the other forms and they said it is controlled by the ECU but I seen on other threads that that is not true and I'm sure there has to be some type of relay somewhere

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
Yep, it is controlled by the ECU. No relay. IF you are hyper flashing, you have to use a resistor. Period. If you can't install them yourself, find a product that offers them built in or offer a plug in resistor. I've had great experience with vleds. they are expensive, but don't cheap out on your lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts