Vibrant header
Tb spacer and gasket
boomba mounts
Hondata reflash
Tsudo exhaust
Competition clutch stage 4 and 9lbs flywheel
skunk2 short shifter

214whp 150tq

Now my question is, Is it worth it to get the flash pro if I'm not going to custom tune it yet? Is it worth just using the pre set maps in it? Is there any increase in horsepower from the pre set maps? And by me having a custom intake, do I need to get a specific intake to use the pre set maps? thanks.

I just bought and installed the flash pro, I used the cai,race header,exhaust calibration. I would say the car feels way way smother, throttle is very responsive, and i feel a little power on the top end. My car feels a little faster but not much compares to reflash, but one thing i notice is how the engine runs. It really does feel like the engine is running right.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
save enough money for flashpro and a tune then you don't have to worry about anything else, if you're planing to add more parts do that to before tune.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick answer, but that doesn't really answer my question. I want to know if there's any whp increase from the pre set maps?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
it did answer your question, bottom line... don't expect it to increase power, if your have similar mods as base maps you could possibly see improvement compare to stock map and smoother power band. think of base maps as a temporary/starting point for a tune.

·
Registered
969 Posts
don't bother spending that amount of money unless you plan to do some serious upgrades. i swear by it since i got it, but you already spent your money on the reflash.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
The way I see it...FlashPro is like a blender. Adding mods to your car is like making a milkshake.

You can put the ice cream, syrup, milk, all together in a cup and eat it like that, and it will taste good for sure, but it just won't be as tasty as if you put the ingredients in a blender and then consume.

And then tuning is like figuring out how to make the perfect milkshake.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't bother spending that amount of money unless you plan to do some serious upgrades. i swear by it since i got it, but you already spent your money on the reflash.
I got the reflash 2007, so the maps in flashpro has no top end increase compare to reflash?

·
Registered
695 Posts
i was debating on this too.. I dont really wanna go all out an stuff just couple more things like pullies..idk if i should spend the money on a flashpro or not?

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
There's no real power increase, but it will feel like there is a power increase, as you will be able to reach peak power at a lower rpm.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
so if im not going all out and just doing simple mods.. power wise and budget wise reflash ftw?
im glad this was made. esp now that the reflash is only 290 brand new

rev hang issue is solved with either-or right?
Well seeing how the reflash is only 300 bucks now. And if you don't have have a grand to spend on a tune. The reflash is cool then?
$300? God damn...I thought it was only $150. :think:

In that case, it is definitely not worth it.

Say you need to change one of your parts, or you feel like upgrading. That reflash is now worthless. You're better off getting FlashPro and having unlimited reflash ability.

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
$300? God damn...I thought it was only $150. :think:

In that case, it is definitely not worth it.

Say you need to change one of your parts, or you feel like upgrading. That reflash is now worthless. You're better off getting FlashPro and having unlimited reflash ability.
how is it worthless?

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
It is worthless in that it is designed for different mods than the ones you would now have.
yea but your not having to tell hondata what to reflash it with (your current mod list)

just like if you were to buy one used from another member... you may have different mods than he/she... that doesn’t make it worthless. or am i misunderstanding you?

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
If you know you are definitely not going to upgrade/change your mods, then sure go for it. But how many of us can definitely say we are never going to alter our setup? Also, say something needs to be changed because it gets damaged or breaks...Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
yea but your not having to tell hondata what to reflash it with (your current mod list)

just like if you were to buy one used from another member... you may have different mods than he/she... that doesn’t make it worthless. or am i misunderstanding you?
To my understanding, you would inform Hondata of your mods so that they can provide you with the proper map. What is the point of having a reflash that does nothing for your mods? That wouldn't make much sense. Especially not for $300.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts