8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to anyone seeing this, I am very new to posting here but a long time lurker.

Long story short I'm ready to commit to some 18x8.5 +30 wheels. I've looked through some threads from years ago and there was no real conclusion on how they would fit.
The car is a coupe, I'm lowered on coilovers and I have adjustable rear camber arms and camber bolts for the fronts. I'd like to be quite low but not slammed. My fenders are not yet rolled but I'll gladly do it if it means minimal rubbing. I like the stretched look but I have no preference on tire size as long as it fits.
How will these fit? and what fender mods are required? Pics of anyone with this setup?

Sorry for a possibly redundant thread, but I need more info before I drop $1k on wheels...

If this is the wrong page for this I'm sorry!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
They will fit the front with the correct tire and camber set up. The rear will be a little aggressive. Probably wouldnt be able to go past 235/40/18 in the rear unless you cut the fender and Max out the camber.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They will fit the front with the correct tire and camber set up. The rear will be a little aggressive. Probably would've be able to go past 235/40/18 in the rear unless you cut the fender and Max out the camber.
Thanks man. Not looking to necessarily stance out the Si just yet. I'm rockin Raceleand coilovers lol. I have rear camber arms that would allow for the fitment, but I'm looking for something that won't chew thru tires while also allowing flush fitment.

You're input helped a lot!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yeah I'd recommend 18x8.5 +35 to +40 for the rear. You'd be able to run the correct tire with correct camber.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll def check that site out.
Okay. so now I'll have to check out and measure my wheels now. I know there's plenty of YouTube support on proper measurements.

Whoever bought the Wheels i have now bought knock off branded ones. I cant even read the inserts they're so beat up.

I just got this vehicle Sept 2019. So there's a lotta stuff I'd like to do to improve upon it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did u ever figure this out. If not I can help
I did actually, but I ended up going wider. I'm running 17x9 +25 with maxed out camber front and back with an spc camber kit.

For anyone else wondering that in this thread, 18x8.5 +30 will fit with fenders modded and a lot of camber. It is a nice in-between for being low and cambered but not absolutely slammed.

17x9 +25 fits with a lot of camber and fender mods, and unless you're absolutely slammed you'll still have some wheel-fender gap.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did actually, but I ended up going wider. I'm running 17x9 +25 with maxed out camber front and back with an spc camber kit.

For anyone else wondering that in this thread, 18x8.5 +30 will fit with fenders modded and a lot of camber. It is a nice in-between for being low and cambered but not absolutely slammed.

17x9 +25 fits with a lot of camber and fender mods, and unless you're absolutely slammed you'll still have some wheel-fender gap.
You should eventually post pics on this thread

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stock height for now but I'm running 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40/18 with absolutely zero problems. No rubbing with car loaded or anything

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys, Fitment Industries second channel, 'Fitment Garage', just put out a vid on the 8th gen's wheel fitment. Pretty insightful. They just give examples of different fitments and if fender rollling/trimming is required. good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts