8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the Honda community, and I don't even own a car yet, but I feel like as a first car I really want an 8th gen Honda Civic Si coupe in white. I've been researching cars like crazy the past few months, and I feel like the screams me. I don't have the most experience driving, but I learned relatively fast. My family don't own cars, I only took a handful of classes and passed my driving test my first try. I know they run manual and I've drove manual only once. I want to save up at least 15k by the next year and scope out for one. Do any of you guys think an Si is valid as a first car? What are some mods I should consider since all cars have their cons. Is it a good car to own in NYC? The winters here have been disgusting the past few years and I'm iffy about the FWD. It would be nice if someone can just drop all the beans I should possibly think of from paying attention to the details of the car at the lot to buying the perfect one. This will be my first big purchase as a college student, so I want to make sure it's rational and feasible from start to finish.

Thanks for reading

Mo'

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bro I'm a 18 year old college student too! This is my first reply to a post only because I saw no one has responded to you. My 07 civic si coupe is my second car, a 09 Nissan Altima was my first car (both manual of course). Compared to the Nissan Altima, the civic si felt way faster even though it was stock. The civic si is a great car to learn stick in as it is very forgiving. I've redlined the car a couple of times on accident and it still runs great like a champ. The mods I run and installed myself are a stage 2 takeda CAI, full race 3 inch exhaust, skunk 2 alpha header, skunk 2 short shifter adapter (the shifter for the 8th gen civic si was already short so adding this made it feel like a arcade race game shift knob), and a hasport race rear engine mount for the header. I am also running a basemap from hondata flashpro. The fwd is iffy like you said. Iv3 never driven a rwd so I wouldn't know but I was really interested in drifting which we both know fwd is not made for that. If you like drifting and rear wheel burnouts dont get this car. The fwd aspect is great when making tight ass turns though. I live in California so I can't give you too much advice about winters in NYC but AWD cars like the Subaru wrx and sti are better for snow and other terrain. And they both come exclusively in manual as well. I bought my civic si from a car wash owner for 4,800 at 85,000 miles and when I plugged in the OBD scanner no problems appeared. You might wanna find yourself a good deal on any car you buy in order to spend the rest on mods and you're a college student too so it wouldn't be too good of an idea to drop all that money at once (unless its a great deal). In the end I love my civic si, it feels like a go kart, it's not too loud either with the mods I have so I've never been pulled over. Whatever decision you make good luck with your purchase and maybe we'll see a future k20 enthusiast in you. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts