8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a lot of fun! my first run was the fastest of the night too:sadwavy: 14.79 at about 94.. then 14.808. well i'm just happy that on the last run i beat my friends 06 type S!:dancing: by .08 of a second. i didn't see any 8th gens at all! but i guess the guys from crsx had a lil meet. and i was the lone SI! tight!

Any ways does anyone have any tips on how to launch? i would go to about 2k and take off. tried one at 4500k and just burned out and heard a pop! i thought i broke something!

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
lol @ the pop... i had the same experience and thought i broke something too... but nothing happened...

what were ur 60' times... also what mods do u have include the tires and the pressure u have them at??

on the track here w/my car stock with the stock all-season tires at full psi... i launch at around 3500rpms and play with the clutch until it catches... any lower and u will bog... u need some wheel spin on these cars b/c they lack the tq...

btw good times :thumb:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
That "pop" was your hydraulic motor mount... It is possible that yours is defective, take it to the dealer for a free warranty replacement, After that Mine has not popped..

-Chase

Reactions: drfters13

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
hmm I have the pop too when I shift to 2 gear hard everytime...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts