8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened. We got out first dose of winter weather here in NW Ohio. It started off as all snow before turning to sleet and freezing rain. The roads were absolute poo and like always, ODOT (Ohio Department of Transportation) was behind the 8-ball.

I was playing some Gears on Live when my Mother calls and says I have to drive out to her house to see her new dog she bought. "Ugh... the roads are crap and you live in the middle of nowhere, Ma.", I said. "Oh just come on, I'll buy you dinner!" With that being said, I was out the door!

Mind you, I have NEVER driven a FWD car in MY LIFE, so I was a little interested in seeing how the FA5 would handle such conditions. To my amazement, it was excellent!

I drove the 45 minutes (25 under normal conditions) out to her house, checked out the dog and drove to dinner. The little VSA light came on quite a few times, but that was to be expected.

All in all, I would have to say that I was very impressed with it. Tonights little wintery temper tantrum was nothing compared to the snow that will fly come January, but at least I have a little reassurance that I'll be able to handle it just fine.

End of story, carry on now... :wavey:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yup! i would always feel safe driving my car in a decent sized snowstorm..... but... i would never want to and pwn my pretty paint

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I too had my first experience tonight. I was very impressed with the performance of my fg2 especially with the all seasons on there:eek:hnoes:. VSA light only came on when I was coming up the hill to my house, but I made it easily (Never would have made it in any of my old cars). Getting winter treads put on this week just to be on the safe side:popcorn:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Growing up near Cleveland, I am used to the snow like what happened last night (ewh btw).

Luckily the warmer rain killed it all today....

My first car was FWD and had NO abs and obviously no VSA. There was a blizzard that winter and it taught me a lot. Since then I've driven nothing but FWD hondas and my RSX-S did fine last winter when we had that blizzard. I'm not worried about most of it cause i'm pretty experienced with the winter driving in these types of cars :thumb:

if/when I get an Si, I'll be getting some summer and winter tires, hopefully that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts