8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
i am a 17 year old living in texas. after months of research on the civic si i decided to go see if our local honda dealership had any si’s in stock. so my dad and i went up looking to test drive a '08 civic si. when we got there, to my surprise they had a red si coupe and a silver 4-door sedan. we asked the sales person if we could take a test drive in the red si coupe and he was really nice about it and didn’t make us sign any papers of anything! :biggrin: so my dad started off driving and i had to sit in the back seat. :pat: im sure most of you know there’s not allot of room in the back seat in the coupes. anyways my dad decided to pin it on a strait away. and i was just grinning the whole time. haha and then we pulled in to a subdivision and to my surprise the sales guy asked me if i wanted to drive!!! :SHOCKED: i was like HELL YA! so without checking if i had a driver’s license or anything he just handed me the keys. and let me just say OH MY FREAKEN GOD! it revs like a sport bike! i was truly amazed about how smooth it was. its by far the best car in its price range. when we got back to the dealership i didn’t want to get out. i immediately fell in love with the car. unfortunately they didn’t have a white coupe on the lot... in fact no one in texas has one. im gonna have to order it. anyway i just had to talk about this to someone. i thought this would be a good place to do that :thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
thats awesome dude. good to see another person fall in love with the Si. i love mine. had it for bout 15months. 06 nbp with 11400miles on it. i try to drive nice bt the engine just wants to go fast i swear its the :lildevil:.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Make sure that when you get your white coupe, be there the day it comes off the truck. You definitely do not want another person test driving and whatnot. Especially since it hasn't gotten its full proper break in and people probably vtecing left and right when they test drive it. I'm sure you did when you got handed the keys.

Anyways, welcome to the ocho

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
awesome. i remember my first si experience, i felt like such a vtec virgin., going from an automatic 7th gen ex to a 6 speed si! i fell in love with the one i drove as well, and like 6 months or so later, i had my coupe in my driveway. glad u liked it, and GL getting one. welcome to 8th

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure that when you get your white coupe, be there the day it comes off the truck. You definitely do not want another person test driving and whatnot. Especially since it hasn't gotten its full proper break in and people probably vtecing left and right when they test drive it. I'm sure you did when you got handed the keys.

Anyways, welcome to the ocho

wow good point! i will definitely do that. and your right... we did get up to 7500 :/

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
nice!...good luck with the new car....yea i feel in love with the car before i even went to the dealership..my cousin has a 06 fg2...and i was very jealous!...lolz..so i went out and got a 08 fa5 fpb!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts