8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:readtherules:

so ya, first service happened today, had a small list of concern, and 2 little questions...

no one spoke english (gotta love vancouver)...

obvious stuff, oil change, check car over...etc.. I added the comment that the oil seemed very used, and that perhaps should have been changed earlier: I am told the system does a good job.

-soot from exhaust seems excessive: its normal...lol

-check alignmet, however IMO its not alignment, as its not all the time, sometimes the car pulls to the right: reply: its fine

- rear bumper fitment is crap, edges near light are sticking way way out, this car has 6000km on it, in no way is that acceptable : essentially no comment

- washed car? : lol hosed off, given back super wet, no appearent washing was done... asked about it was told it would be a long wait, no they don't offer a connivence car or a drive to from home.

- estimate on having the fogs put in, $$699??? wtf

-passenger insider door-handle was delivered chipped/mis-moulded... they basically said it must have been me.

now, this is not the dealership I bought the car from, so i am going to contact them, but ... this sucks.... and the language barrier made it even harder to deal with these issues. I am all for diversity, but doesn't change that service/customer workers need to be able to communicate.

seems like a lot of nothing for $48.40

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
:readtherules:

so ya, first service happened today, had a small list of concern, and 2 little questions...

no one spoke english (gotta love vancouver)...

obvious stuff, oil change, check car over...etc.. I added the comment that the oil seemed very used, and that perhaps should have been changed earlier: I am told the system does a good job.

-soot from exhaust seems excessive: its normal...lol

-check alignmet, however IMO its not alignment, as its not all the time, sometimes the car pulls to the right: reply: its fine

- rear bumper fitment is crap, edges near light are sticking way way out, this car has 6000km on it, in no way is that acceptable : essentially no comment

- washed car? : lol hosed off, given back super wet, no appearent washing was done... asked about it was told it would be a long wait, no they don't offer a connivence car or a drive to from home.

- estimate on having the fogs put in, $$699??? wtf

-passenger insider door-handle was delivered chipped/mis-moulded... they basically said it must have been me.

now, this is not the dealership I bought the car from, so i am going to contact them, but ... this sucks.... and the language barrier made it even harder to deal with these issues. I am all for diversity, but doesn't change that service/customer workers need to be able to communicate.

seems like a lot of nothing for $48.40
That would make me :face-puke. Problem with most stealerships is once you buy the damn thing they don't need you anymore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vancouver honda, kingsway & 12th (BC, Canada).

car was purchased at Naniamo Honda about 2 hours away on vancouver island (ferry ride).

they seem much better on a whole, my family has bought a couple of cars from them, across 3 generations... they will likely take care of the situation.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
My only dealings with them was getting HFP front and rear skirts.

I always deal with Carter Honda but not many people are happy with their service either. I only go there cause I have friends that work there and treat me and my car really well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sucks bud!
Time to push back i think.
A bit late as the time to corner them on this kind of crappy practice is when they are donning it out but still i'd write a few letters and make a few phone calls. Just be polite, to the point and aggressive at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts