8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep it is my first post, been a member for about a year now, but never bothered to post anything until now, I just need to get out of my chest how pissed off I am cuz my car got broken into last night, missing my garmin and my sirius radio, among other things...just finished cleaning up the car now i gotta wait till tomorrow to replace the right rear glass that they broke........ now the question is should i get it replaced at the dealers? or just take it to any other shop?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Well, I'm glad to see that you started to post. Everyone is welcome!

But I do have scold you, even though I'm sure you know. You shouldn't ever leave ANYTHING in your car, especially if it is out in the open. It's just an invitation.

Personally, I get all my work done at the dealership, just because it makes ME feel better. I don't think it really matters, but it's nice knowing that "Honda" did it, you know?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome!!

It is nice to know that work was done by a honda tech who 'technically' knows honda's very well. But my .02 i would take my car to a place where i know it would be treated right. ie. not driven around by techs, not scratched, rims not rashed, the interior kept clean, panels put back properly. There are plenty of crappy dealerships out there who do a terrible job of taking care of the cars. I don't know of any places in the city/brooklyn/queens but if you need places out on the island i could drop a few names, if not just check the better business beurro (however you spell that) for the place you take it.

Godd Luck with the fix, hope she's as good as new!

·
Registered
522 Posts
damn sorry to hear man but definitely don't leave anything of value out in the open..wallets, gps, bluetooth devices, girl's purses...nothing that will "temp" a thief..its unfortunate but its the world we live in and we have to expect people to behave the way they do..
good luck on the repairs and i hope it all goes well for you

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah i definetly agree dont leave anything out anywhere! i always take my radar and put it in the glove box. i would get it done at Honda. i trust my dealership more then any shop. some disagree but my dealership is great. good luck man.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the thing it was in the arm rest, it wasnt out in the open, and I rarely left the gps in the car I usually took it with me, so i guess it was their lucky day.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
That's messed up dude, nothing like parking on the street in BK, I remember my days before I moved, had at least 2 cars broken into, and 2 cars were hit and run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts