8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my oil changed yesterday for the first time when the oil life hit 20%.
It was changed by a shop I trust who has changed the oil in my all my cars for the last 10 years. The problem I'm having is when I start the car a little yellow wrench comes on and where the odometer reading usually is it reads A1 and then oil life 15%. I checked the oil and it is full and clean. There are no leaks and the filter is tight. Anybody ever have this problem? I hate running back to the dealer for something that I can correct. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
642 Posts
it's just a reminder that you need maintenance...just turn your key in ON position II and press the SEL/RESET button till you find the oil life display. Then press and hold down the SEL/RESET button for about 10-15 secs till it blinks. Once it blinks press the SEL/RESET button again and hold it down for a bout 5-10 secs...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
:yeahthat: You have to reset the oil life indicator, the instructions are in your owner's manual. The car does not automatically know that you changed the oil.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Ya the dude who changed it didnt reset the life meter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts