8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I got a new Rebel XT and decided to practice. Thanks to all the help I've gotten from a lot of the members here (Izzy, bodkin, Jeshua, onreyj.. if I missed, I apologize) I have been able to get better shots. I'm still playing around with photoshop as well, so excuse my noob skills.

On to the pics! I insist on criticism or comments, I need to know what I can improve on.

My favourite. I got the idea from bodkin's picture

Canada kicks a$$!

And whilst I was taking photos, around the corner comes this group of kids that decide to drift around in the empty church parking lot. I decided to experiment with my shutter speed.. I think I could have sped it up a little more..

Finally back home..

Playing with the aperture

:popcorn:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
For panning shots, try AI Servo. Looks like you had fun though! That's good. Me personally, I'd up exposure a little bit.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup last night was the first. Not a bad one, but it seemed to have cause a lot of trouble.

oh! I see, I never knew that AI Servo would help with the panning, I tried to focus more on the aperture and shutter speed this time. When you talk about turning up the exposure, do you mean to go into MENU > OPTION 2 > and play with the numbers with -2 - +2? or just open the shutter more?

It was a good turnout this time, most of the times that I've went out, most if not all my pics sucked majorly lol.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
yup last night was the first. Not a bad one, but it seemed to have cause a lot of trouble.

oh! I see, I never knew that AI Servo would help with the panning, I tried to focus more on the aperture and shutter speed this time. When you talk about turning up the exposure, do you mean to go into MENU > OPTION 2 > and play with the numbers with -2 - +2? or just open the shutter more?

It was a good turnout this time, most of the times that I've went out, most if not all my pics sucked majorly lol.
It's just my style. I'm almost never at 0 exposure. I'm either +.5/-.5 or more. Just the way I shoot. :thumb: As my friend put it, I like lots of contrast in a lot of my shots.

As for how to expose it, I know you use Lightroom. So, just raise exposure in-program.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Good shots there bro. Nicely done. BTW, we are supposed to get an "Alberta Clipper" next week here in Minnesota. Looks like Calgary is mad at the Wild and wants us to pay for beating them the last time. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks nitrous! haha let me know how THAT goes

Ohh, I'll try doing that next time izzy. I feel that the pictures are a bit under-saturated. Anyone else feel that way?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
thanks nitrous! haha let me know how THAT goes

Ohh, I'll try doing that next time izzy. I feel that the pictures are a bit under-saturated. Anyone else feel that way?

Maybe the first and third shots. The one with the church steeple looks good. Sorry to hear about the early snow. We got some flurries here today too. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for pointing that out1

as for the snow.. we've actually received it quite late. 2 years ago, we would be expecting it a week before halloween. On halloween, it was beautiful.. global warming ftl.
Calgary always has LONGGGGg winters.. not sure about now though haha. I've had my winter tires on for longer than needed until today -__-

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Nice pics Hoanger! its snowing here in Colorado aswell!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks 06CivEXJon! how bad is the snow there? It snowed that one day and hasn't snowed yet

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
thanks 06CivEXJon! how bad is the snow there? It snowed that one day and hasn't snowed yet
Its getting pretty bad,its sticking to the roads and its icy. I dont know when its supposed to clear up but i wish i had winter tires!! i was slipping and sliding all over the place today my god!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh wow, yeah we only had what you see in the pics...
winter tires are like day and night, once you get em.. you won't go another winter without them
you should look into them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts