8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I drove for the first time for longer than 2 hours.

I had no problem driving in the morning to Tracy, CA at 6AM but when driving back at 7PM I had to fight to stay awake.

Anyone got some good tips to stay awake?

I've tried:
Slapping myself
Listening to loud music
Singing
Cold Air

Oh, and I have two new favorite traffic sign:

Anyone have a favorite traffic sign?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
2hrs only?! Man once I drove back at 12 AM from Gainesville to Miami a good 4-5 hour drive. It was a lot of red bull, some funny comedy tracks like Dane Cook and Mitch Hedberg, and its usually better when someones with u to talk but if your alone make sure you keep yourself entertained but still aware.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
LOL i drove back from florida in my SI it took me 18 hours str8 with no sleep i started feeling tired when i hit Maryland then i seen a ASM SI so i started chasing it thats what kept me up for like 20 mins after that my GF some how kept me awake i just kept thinking about reaching home.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Okay so tomorrow I haver a 7 hour drive to New York. Anyone have any good suggestions for good car care for long drives?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I love long drives. Good for FE.

Idn, I never get bored, between music and watching the dash keeping it under 2K revs always.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Don't use painters tape, it will look so bad. Just don't ride behind trucks, and if your still really wary about chips get a front end bra from your dealer (or order it online if you have time before your trip). Whatever you do, be sure to clean the bug juice off when you get there, and at stops on the way if possible.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
i've driven from south florida to CT and back a few times already which is about a 17 hour trip each way. I did stop to sleep though after driving for about 11 hours.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
2 hrs is nothing man.....Drove from Delaware to Georgia in like 14 hrs no sleep at night.

I am driving from PA to Chicago tomorrow non-stop which is a 12 hr drive.

Good tunes, Red bull or 5 hr energy drink and just knowing whats at the end of the road keeps me up.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I got a lot of you beat, I drove from El Paso TX to Springfield Ohio in 24 hours.. no sleep

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
if your gonna be by yourself get the tunes, the good tunes man, coffee, coffee, coffee, and some more coffee...and make sure like someone else said you get like 5 hours rest before the drive...and that's if your gonna drive in the night time..

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow 2 hours? I drive my civic from kentucky to cali. I drove around 8-10 hours a day. Most I did was 1000 miles in like 13 hours. If you have trouble staying up, I suggest bringing a little cooler with you and pack it with your favorite soda and energy drinks. When I go on long road trips, I usually burn a cd with my favorite podcasts and listen to it all day long. Also if your that tired, find some rest stop or exit and just take a power nap.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I drank three medium sized Starbucks for the San Luis Obispo meet. 3.5 hours each way. I was nicely awake, but I do make sure to switch up between news station and music.

·
Registered
685 Posts
thats not bad i sometimes have to wake up a 5:00 am to go to work and then drive for almost 4 hours sometimes 6 hours it wont be that bad if you got rest if not will im sorry its going to be hard.

·
Registered
650 Posts
This thread made me realize that I've only driven my car for 1.5 hours at a time. And at most probably an 80 mile radius. LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts