8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! let me introduce myself first... i have being on this site for a while already but i have never posted anything.. so this will be my first time:). anyways, i'm a high school student and will be getting my first car soon(FINALLY). so i'm looking at a used cars under around 17k. i really really want a 8th si.. so i did some research online, unfortunately its just not possible to find a 8th si seden under my price range. so i'm wondering if you guys can give me some ideas of what are some of the cars that are:

-fun, sporty
-possibly four door cars but not that important
-no toyota or any of the fat ugly american cars.
-auto or manual
-leather would be great
-have some room
-4cylinder
-3-4 years old
-OTD under $$17,000

oyea and one of the car i have being looking at is the 2004 acura tsx 6sp, is it a good and reliable car???

thank you guys for any comments. i would really appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys for the replies..
i thought about the mazda 3, its a fun n reliable car but i dont want to miss the >VTEC<. after driving my friends integra... i just cant live without it:eek:hnoes:. im still searching for a 8th si sedan(want some room) on the web, but no luck so far. i guess i'm going to test drive some tsx next week, then make a decision.
Thanks again guys!

btw my neighbor has a 07 fjb si sedan w/navi... OMFG I WANT ONE RIGHT NOWWW!!!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Like others have mentioned, you should definitely be able to find a used 8th generation Civic of any trim level for under $17,000. The LX and EX, especially.

If you want my personal opinion however, I am going to be the bad evil open-minded person who suggests a Chevy Cobalt. You can get an incredibly well loaded Cobalt (with more standard features than the Civic) for the same or less than an equalivalent Civic.

I know the Cobalt gets a lot of bad press, but they are solid, good looking little cars and they aren't half bad to drive either. You could easily get leather if you wanted, and it would come standard with a year of OnStar and XM. It's hard to beat.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
For a first car, an S2000 is not just horribly impractical, it's probably a little too much "go".
If his favorite movie is 2F2F, than I agree with your completely.

If not, than I agree with you to a point. Past that point, do consider that the s2000 is a 2 seater that will help remove you from being the "party wagon" greatly reducing distractions, it does not have much torque (helps new drivers keep control during cornering), and has decent gas mileage (for the kids on a budget). My advice for happiness? Buy the s2000, take a driving course at a track with the car, and don't try to impress your friends with l33t sk1llz that you have not yet acquired. I agree that if someone is being overzealous they can destroy an s2000. However, the same also applies to a say a civic si.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.