Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

brand new 09' ROP civic si.

it's my first car, im 15 and get my permit on july 1st. it had 8 miles on it, we payed a used price because it was damaged when unloading it off the truck. so they had to paint and replace the bumper. good as new. but they couldn't sell it as a new car.

so that's the short story.

seeing how i am 15, any good mods, DIY, or things i can do to it?
we are getting some car care stuff tommorow, should be nice to clean it up.

i want to tint the window's either 35% or 50%. i heard 50% is pointless, but talking my folks into that would be hard since 50 is the legal limit. 35 sides and rear, 50 sides and 35 rear?

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
wow...15 and got an si...all i can say is wow...and anythign above 20% is basically useless...i went 5% cuz i hate people lookin in my ****...but welcome...youngen...that shall be ur new nickname

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
You are 15? Lucky! Congrats! Gorgeous Si! Good luck with your mods and tint! Your local tint shops should let you know what your local legal limit is. I don't suggest going darker than your legal limit.

I'm also a FA5. Darker rear does not look bad. The pic in my sig will lead you to pics of my tint if you are interested.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do 15% the back three windows and 35% front door windows. From different angles on the outside, the front door windows will seem dark but it will be easier to see visibility wise from the inside while driving.

Definitely learn or get comfortable with the car in a parking lot before driving it on main roads.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Why not enjoy the stock Si for a while before blowing your money on mods right away. Money when you're 15 is hard to come by... Unless it's your parents money. In that case... Go for it!

Anyways, congrats on the car. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
You are 15. Step back an appreciate it and take car of it. Don't be like this other kid and roll it on a mountain and then come back all gangsta in a lexus.

Take of the front license plate (if allowed by state)

50% is barley noticeable, 35% would be the minimum i would go, but since it's against the law idk. Talk to people who live in the same state you do and see what they have.

Get use to it's "power" first since you young and then think about modding it later on if you are not satisfied performance wise.

I'm not sure what else you would like. Please don't rice it up though.

Oh yea, do you know how much the dealer knocked off because of the accident or what not? Kinda curious about that.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
leave it the way it is.

why, because your 15, but not for obviouse reasons. by the time your through high school and college the car is most likely at some point going to be sold or traded. Lets face it, im in that boat 2. I got my Si in 2006 and now im 25 years old and im seriously growing tired of owning a 2 door car. I have modified my car to the gills with a little over $7000 in mods.

At this point if i sell it, im going to lose my ass, if i trade it im going to lose my ass. So im pretty much stuck with it untill its paid off.

now, back to the 15 years old part. enjoy the car while your young and keep the milage as low as possible. If you still have the car when your through college then you will most likely be looking to upgrade to something other than a civic, if not before then. Go modding it now and mommy and daddy prolly wont be to pleased when they or you try to sell a car that has been ragged out and riced out by a kid.

Trust me, nothing turns off a potential buyer more than when they see a car that has been modified and they find out its been driven by a kid basically for the duration of its life. Iv been there before trust me. I tried to buy a supposedly adult owned 1999 Civic Si several years ago. I got to the house and the car looked good on the exterior. Opened the door and all the interior pieces had been spray painted and all riced out. Then the guys kid comes out and he proceeds to tell me how it had been his sons first car and they had tried to put it back to stock as much as they can. I imediatly told the father i wasnt interested in the car.

just for thought.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow...15 and got an si...all i can say is wow...and anythign above 20% is basically useless...i went 5% cuz i hate people lookin in my ****...but welcome...youngen...that shall be ur new nickname
i just got done reading the thread before you posted... looks nice, very detailed thread.

basically i have no income and was thinking about getting some sort of job this summer... the last few day's my parent's have taken me to drive around the parking lots... it's a fun car, but learning the clutch and being smooth with it takes getting use to. it's not even close to riding my dirt bike where i don't even notice the clutch.

thanks for the comments guys :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I did 20% tint all around and love it personally. Be careful modding your car, its an expensive addiction and one you can't stop once you start. In the last three weeks I was able to throw away a little over $2k on my HFP lip kit, eibach pro kit, and G35 projector retrofit. Does my car look good? sure! Do I have enough money to eat lunch for the rest of the year...? its gonna be little tight.

Grats on the new Si, and welcome to the 8th!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think the sticker on it was 19,4 or 19,9. insurance was only about $20 more compared to the standard civics. our dealer was nice and this was our 3rd car from the same dealer, same saleslady. it's funny how you say rice.... i've taken a picture of every ricer i've spotted since i've got my phone. i think we got a good deal on it, my parent's are happy and im sure happy. we where trying to find something with 0% financing, but this ended up working out good. i sure do know that i'm the only 15 year old with an Si at my school

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not ragging on you, but you should prob learn to drive better before you start throwing in mods.
true! i got a 08 RR for my first car to, if ever you're running late don't hit de vtec to much or your gonna crash and end up with a CF hood like me haha :p leave the car like that for now, feal the power live the ride get used to it! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
If your going to mod the car, just do subtle things like tint, the factory HFP body kit, catback exhaust.

things that can easily be put back to stock with not trace of ever being modified.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Wow you are short, but I am to so that' ok. Take some protein when you work out.

Find some clear bulbs to go in the tails so it doesn't look orange. I hate that.

Anything you would like to do to it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
congrats on the car, in terms of subtle things shave the civic off the back and like everyone else just a catback and things that can be changed w.o being noticed

and to echo everyone else be careful and smart with it. I wish i was alittle smarter when i was 17 driving an Eclipse and got a few tickets.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.