8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been doing lots of thinking.. well mainly procrastonating.. and have decided to put an intake in my SI. Originally I wanted to put in a CAI but after a buddy of mine recently hydrolocked his engine, I've decided to go with sri. Thinking about Fujita/Injen? Anyone have any comments as to which brand they prefer? and perhaps what I should expect to pay for the hardware/install?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Well all the SRI's are going to produce about the same about of HP which is realistically about 1-3 WHP, but they make your car sound GREAT! I personally have an AEM SRI and absolutely love it, haven't regretted the decision once. All the necessary items should be included in the box and a basic set of tools will do the job, I paid $50 to have it installed but I should have done it myself and saved the money.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well all the SRI's are going to produce about the same about of HP which is realistically about 1-3 WHP, but they make your car sound GREAT! I personally have an AEM SRI and absolutely love it, haven't regretted the decision once. All the necessary items should be included in the box and a basic set of tools will do the job, I paid $50 to have it installed but I should have done it myself and saved the money.
Kool thanks, what did the intake cost you?

..I've only ever had SRI on my cars...
peace of mind > 1 hp
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I wouldn't make an intake my first bolt on. If you wanted to autocross, it would ruin your classing. I always recommend people to do a catback exhaust and front swaybar as their first modifications because these will not change their class if they get interested in autocrossing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't make an intake my first bolt on. If you wanted to autocross, it would ruin your classing. I always recommend people to do a catback exhaust and front swaybar as their first modifications because these will not change their class if they get interested in autocrossing.
This car is strictly my daily driver.. and wont be used for competing.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
This car is strictly my daily driver.. and wont be used for competing.
Lots of people autocross their daily drivers. It's just something fun to do on the weekends. I advise people about their modifications because it can be really frustrating when you would have won novice that day if it hadn't been for an intake that didn't actually do anything to help your time.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
seems most people here are doing injen. i dont see this project running anywhere over 250cdn if you get it cheap off ebay or something. and i would DIY the install, we can always arrange a "install royce's sri" meet! haha 604crew ftw

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
wow....can't believe no one has mentioned X's intake. Royce, if you're going for the sounds of an intake I'd suggest the Fujita. But if you want the sound plus real performance (<- the purpose of an intake), I'd suggest the x-intake. You'll probably have to wait a couple months for it, and it cost a little more, but it's completely worth it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow....can't believe no one has mentioned X's intake. Royce, if you're going for the sounds of an intake I'd suggest the Fujita. But if you want the sound plus real performance (<- the purpose of an intake), I'd suggest the x-intake. You'll probably have to wait a couple months for it, and it cost a little more, but it's completely worth it.
Hrmm, why's there a delay on it? not being sold yet or? and what sort of hp gains have been seen??

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would get a DC Race Header.. best bang for the buck... 350-400 and 8-14WHP.. you can get a CIA,Exhaust, and a spacer...and still not make that much power.. I know people will say im crazy but when my car was stock i did a k&n drop in filter, IMG, and Spacer.. $130 total.. made 8 WHP.. that is a easy cheep upgrade.. and made more power then a CAI or SIR.. dont get me wrong a X or Injen is nice but for the money a race header will kill then in bang for the buck... a good race header and 60-70mm exhaust will make 10-20WHP and if you look around you can do that for less then $800

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input about X's intake, just started doing some reading about it. Now I know heatsoak is a factor when using SRI, I've also read that a "heatshield" can prevet/minimize this...? Does X's/Fujita include this part?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Heatsoak is a result of using metal tubing which absorbs and retains heat more than the factory plastic tubing for the intake. When then heats up the air going into the engine, I do not notice this AT ALL with my AEM, I think that people are just overly critical. But from what I have seen X's intake is probably the best available option. But a SRI is the best bang for the buck IMO.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
As for the first mod... I personally vouch for an intake. Personally, I think the driving experience increases 10 folds when you add something like X's intake. The engine sounds mean! Of course, I do it for the sound because I don't think the amount of money being poured into numerous N/A mods worth it. You may ask why I didn't recommend the Fujita for around $150. That's because X seems to have done his homework with his intake and I think the extra money is well worth it.

I personally wouldn't add a bigger sway bar on these cars. The car is already heavily biased towards the front. Adding a bigger front sway bar would create more understeer. I think you want to add a rear sway bar to even out the roll distribution towards the rear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.