8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Thought I'd share some more amazing work that Bjorn has done. Feel free to drool/ pm for any questions :thumb:

Source:
Custom Lightz | Facebook

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
wow nice! I'm not a big fan of the chrome but it's definitely OEM looking...grats mate =)

I'm hoping to post my Customlightz setup soon...i'm still ironing out some kinks

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
props for a clean and subtle setup.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
nicee. the 346 shrouds looks a tadd different.. looks goood op. i couldnt do chrome. had bijorn paainted my whole heeadlightts/shrouds black..

·
Registered
248 Posts
How much would it cost for this retrofit?
Can it be bought like this or do I have to mail my current housings out?

I wanted to get some HIDs in my Civic but wanted to keep a stock look. I've been told to just put the HID bulbs in the stock housing but I don't know if that is a good idea. Are the projectors neccesary or just for looks?

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Hey Scott,

Well first off, stock housing with HIDs is not the greatest by any means. Yes, your light output would increase marginally, but you will also be putting off a lot of glare that can be dangerous to other drivers.

In regards to a retrofit, a projector retrofit will far surpass any kind of plug and play HID solution, the difference is amazing. If you are trying to keep a nice stock look, a single xenon retro (similar to this) is your best bet. Now, you have a couple options with your headlights. You could ship us yours, downside to that being you have some downtime on your car or you could buy some brand new or used headlights and send us those. I do believe we have a set of loaner headlights for a sedan, although I need to double check.

If you are serious about getting a retro done, shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can talk further!

-Tyler

1 - 15 of 15 Posts