8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working w/ a few dealers on getting a Si-dan .... here are the "best offers" they can give me after going back & forth on the prices.

Option # 1)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan, Nighthawk Black Pearl, has a few miles on it as it has been on the dealer lot & test driven

$20,400 + tax, title, doc fee ($250?)..not real sure what this fee is for. Anyways, the initial price is +$178 over invoice.

Option # 2)
2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan, Taffeta White (or any color I want really), will have no miles on it b/c I would be ordering it directly from the factory (I also think white is my #1 choice b/c it's a bit easier to take care of than black, yet still looks great).
$20,740 + tax, title, doc fee ($250). This ends up being $500 over invoice, or $312 more than the '07.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Option 2. You're getting what color you want. Essentially only paying a few more dollars per month for somethign with less miles, and spanking new. Also, a small price raise every year is normal, so you're still frolickign in the prairie.

·
OG VIP Member
2,725 Posts
you are having trouble deciding between a color you dont want and a used car compared to a NEW car and the color you want and more options. AND its only 312 dollar difference. YOU really have to ask this question? Just the year difference will make up blue book wise for that 312 dollars.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Test drive + hit vtec with brand new motor= not good not good

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
is this even a question?

you losing more money if you buy the 07. If you look at both cars a year from now the 08 will be worth alot more than the 07.... so the 312 dollars isnt even an issue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they gave me the option of dealer trade too, but I almost feel more comfortable to wait a month or whatever it takes to deliver one from the factory. maybe it takes longer than a month? I dont care though b/c I have a Jeep too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
definitely option 2. option 1, you never know how those people test drove the car. what if someone didnt really know how to drive stick. plus option 2, you'll have a car that almost no ones ever touched.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he actually came back & said that it would be $600 over invoice to order one in (not +$500).....basically a $412 difference between the 07 in black or blue & 08 in white.

does this seem like a great deal? or average?

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
i would tell the dealer they need to come up with a better price to make the 07 worth it...otherwise its a no-brainer..08 FTW

·
Registered
511 Posts
I test drove a few SI before buying mine which was off the truck. I suggest you get a brand new one and not one that's been on the lot a while.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts