8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my launch down. current mods I/H/E... and a 75 shot when i need to.

check out this pic of what i did with just I/H/E

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anyone else using this on their si!?:dancingcoolsmiley::vtec:

BTW... according to the 1/4 mile on this gtech i ran a 13.9 on a different run...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol gtech pro is pretty accurate! I saw the timer go just as I left... it stopped as soon as I slowed down.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
lol gtech pro is pretty accurate! I saw the timer go just as I left... it stopped as soon as I slowed down.
your eyes will never react as fast as a cpu. how do you know that it really stopped the very billionth of a second as you slowed down and not before. i tried these meters before. they lie. its really for pure entertainment.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's alright if no one believes it. It sure as hell felt like 5.79 seconds, and the launch was butter smooth as was the shifting. No powershifting either...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think the important thing here is that your launch is getting better. Who cares if the device is 100% accurate. It should be used for a comparison with your previous launches. If using the device your times are getting better, then i see it as a valuable tool such as a dyno. Obviously everyone is going to have different results such as with a dyno.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
It's alright if no one believes it. It sure as hell felt like 5.79 seconds, and the launch was butter smooth as was the shifting. No powershifting either...
how could a human know what 5.79 sec feels like? micro examine this here. without flashpro it takes 3rd gear just to hit 60mph. thats 2 full shifts. on a stock shifter setup the throws are really long. calculate the time it takes to shift from each gear in milliseconds. i figure atleast a whole sec is lost just shifting alone. you prob really hit 60mph in about 6.5-7.0. about the 13.9 1/4. not happening with i/h/e. 13.9 is a respectable # thats hard to acheive with these cars with little mods. remember the track pavement is much diff than street pavement. weather has a lot to do with it too as well as track prep, elevation, etc. i guarantee you will run mid 15s at the track. like i said the gtech is entertainment.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
I think the important thing here is that your launch is getting better. Who cares if the device is 100% accurate. It should be used for a comparison with your previous launches. If using the device your times are getting better, then i see it as a valuable tool such as a dyno. Obviously everyone is going to have different results such as with a dyno.
thats all i would use it for

·
Registered
801 Posts
jesus. the amount of people with their head in their ass in this thread is giving me a headache...go tell bboy_burst and udumkid and Mr.122ci that they didnt hit better than 13.9 with just I/H/E....ive seen in person people hitting 14.2 STOCK!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
They've been able to get the si down to 6.3 seconds 0-60 STOCK. Why is everyone doubting a half of a second being shaved off with intake header exhaust? Anyone whose gone from driving a stock si to one with I/H/E would know that this is very possible. And whoever said 6.5-7 seconds, thats what it hits stock you ritard.

·
Registered
264 Posts
how could a human know what 5.79 sec feels like? micro examine this here. without flashpro it takes 3rd gear just to hit 60mph. thats 2 full shifts. on a stock shifter setup the throws are really long. calculate the time it takes to shift from each gear in milliseconds. i figure atleast a whole sec is lost just shifting alone. you prob really hit 60mph in about 6.5-7.0. about the 13.9 1/4. not happening with i/h/e. 13.9 is a respectable # thats hard to acheive with these cars with little mods. remember the track pavement is much diff than street pavement. weather has a lot to do with it too as well as track prep, elevation, etc. i guarantee you will run mid 15s at the track. like i said the gtech is entertainment.
your who i was talking about and i just reread your post and noticed your statement about mid 15's at the track. do you have no idea about what an si can do? I have Fujita SRI, Strup raceheader, and Greddy TI-c exhaust and i ran a 14.4 in the quarter mile. when my car had JUST an sri i ran a 14.9. sorry man, but everything youve said pertains to a stock si, and your wrong about the quarter mile time anyway.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
i really dont care what anyone thinks. there are too many people that are so biased that they think they have a rocketship. come to my track and put a better time than 15s with a stock si. i wanna see it. every stock si i seen run ran 15's. 14.2 stock, not happening. there are glitches at the track. i see them everytime i go. the car testers are proffessional drivers and they put 15.1 stock on parking lot pavement. high 15's for sure at the track. but i dont care what you think. im not arguing with anyone. im just saying 0-60 w/i/h/e/ will be 6.5 or slower. high 14's to mid 15s in the 1/4. ive seen it in person. now on the other hand with a real good driver and i mean a real good driver, then i could see low 14's.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
jesus. the amount of people with their head in their ass in this thread is giving me a headache...go tell bboy_burst and udumkid and Mr.122ci that they didnt hit better than 13.9 with just I/H/E....ive seen in person people hitting 14.2 STOCK!!!!
why dont you ask them what kind of tires they ran. im sure not stock michelins

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.