8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for several months for DEI to release there modules allowing me to put a remote starter on the car without having to give up a key. I love it, it will start the car from 1.5miles away. It is only suppose to start from one mile, but I have tried it from the 1.5 mile mark and it started it with no problems. The remote start fob I got has an lcd screen and has two way communication with the car. This lets me know if the car received the command to start. So with a glance I know if the car is running if the doors are locked or unlocked. I had them put on the window modules so I have one touch on all the buttons on the drivers door panel for the windows. The system will lock all 4 doors, put up all the windows and close the sunroof. I am also able to open the trunk and all four windows with the remote key fob. This is one system that was well worth the money

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow, that sounds nifty. What unit are you using for the alarm system, which DEI bypass did you need? Who did the install for you? Sounds like fun... You have a battery backup and some piezos too right?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used two DEI 530T for the windows and the DEI XK05 Module to bypass the imobilizer (not haveing to use a key) I am using the factory alarm system. The remote start is the DEI 950, here is a link to the system.

http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/950.html

here is a pic of the remote

If you want a security system as well the DEI 990 is a security system and remote start all in one. A authorized DEI installer has to install in order to get the lifetime warranty on parts and labor. I had DOC's radio and tv in boradman ohio install it.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
do you an SI?

or better a manual or automatic?

how u go about remember to leave it outa gear?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an automatic 4 door ex. The system by itself was 315.00, the xko5 was 52.00, the T503 units were 75.00 per unit, 160 labor. The total with tax was 721.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts