8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a thread for information and discussion regarding the Euro Civic Type-S (FN1) 6-Speed Manual Transmission.

6-Speed Transmission Part Number: 20011-RPH-E42

Update:
Price: 3265.29 EUR or 4167.53 USD from Honda.

For the gearbox listed as a PHE4 They are listed as follows :-
1 = 3.142
2 = 1.869
3 = 1.303
4 = 1.054
5 = 0.853
6 = 0.727
reverse 3.307
diff ratio 4.294

Enjoy! :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
140hp at the crank is fail. why is it even badged a type s?
Sorry you don't like it, but that is not the point of this post.
It is what it is.
I would like to keep this post related to the 6-speed transmission of this model.
No offense, just wanting to keep on topic. ;)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
what about the transmission ? you think its better than the si trans we have now ? might be but it has a lower final drive than us !

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the transmission ? you think its better than the si trans we have now ? might be but it has a lower final drive than us !
No, this is primarily for those of us with R18's. Since the Euro Type-S shares the R18 engine, there seems to be an interest among non-Si owners as a potential transmission option.

Although expensive new, it might be sourced second-hand for a good bit less.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
would seem like a lot of work if I were an r-18 owner... and for what? a 6th gear? No offense but even a 6th gear isn't going to make the car any faster... nor are the gear ratios

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would seem like a lot of work if I were an r-18 owner... and for what? a 6th gear? No offense but even a 6th gear isn't going to make the car any faster... nor are the gear ratios
Well, im not 100% sure on the amount of work (yet), but I am assuming that this is gonna be in the same casing as the 5-speed, meaning that the swap should be relatively straightforward. But then again, I may be surprised.

This would not be a mod for the average R18 owner who wants to be a "street racer", 1/4 mile type. The 6-speed transmission has gearing that will allow the R18 to stay more within its power band in 3rd-5th gear. While this *might* transfer into a *slightly* faster 1/4 mile due to the better gearing in 3rd and 4th, that is not the intention.

Mainly I am just gathering info for those who would be interested. It's modifying a stock Honda with Honda parts... Just giving the R18 owners information and options for modification; something that we don't have much of.

·
Registered
225 Posts
well i dont own an R18 but i think this is at the very least good research. it's nice to know there might be an alternative, and it's cool to see that options exist from honda.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dont own an R18 but i think this is at the very least good research. it's nice to know there might be an alternative, and it's cool to see that options exist from honda.
Thank you! This is EXACTLY the reason that I am making the effort to look into it! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
omg i have been waiting for this...can someone post the 6 speed ratios and 5 speed ratios next to each other for comparison

i am seriously interested in this...i wouldnt def buy a used tranny if it bolts up the same

bump for info

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
nvm i found the gear ratio THANK GOD

5speed.......................6speed (Euro)

sooo...euro has a shorter final drive but last gear of each is the same

the reason i like the euro is because our 3rd gear is insanely long and the euro has a shorter 3rd and 4th...when i get to third gear i feel like i hit a brick wall because my car is soooo slow and i think it would be much better with this euro tranny

1 - 20 of 22 Posts