8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts

Fold the seats down to reveal a flat section of plastic, hooks are attached to the backside of plastic.

Red arrows point to hooks that have to be pulled up and out. Cant remember how many but they need some muscle to remove.

Blue arrows point to regular clips that can be snapped off by pulling up. I think they can be removed by pulling on the rear dash towards the front of car. I think there are six or so clips. These are kinda hard to put back in correctly. You will see when you get to that point.

Remember: If you break it its your fault, not mine.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
i heard the power plug for the LED light and the plug for the OEM 3rd brake light are differnt. it might not just plug and play like you are hoping.
:yeahthat: .. i also heard you might need to the actually ex rear deck lid for it..let us know how it goes.. i am interested in doing the same..

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its plugged in already. all i have to do is insert it into the deck. theres a hole where the wire drops down and connects to the wire that previously connected to the LX light. that light in the pic is plugged in.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well. :sadwavy: I took apart the deck and to my surpise it does not fit into the deck itself.

I do not believe I can return the leds. 50 down the drain. or I can buy the EX deck.

below are the pictures.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Maybe they sent you the sedan 3rd brake light? What's the part number that was on the package?

Sedan: 34271-S5A-A01
Coupe: 34270-SVA-A01

For some reason, the coupe light is ~$11 more expensive.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the coupe light. Just got off the phone with Honda.

The EX deck is 84505-SVA-A12ZB

The LX deck is 84505-SVA-A02ZA

I need someone to take a pic of the EX deck on top and the bottom. PLEASEEEE

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.