8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally saved up enough money to buy my used 07 ASM Fa5. It's got 37k miles on it and I got it at a dealer for 15,495 and the car is in great condition.

I gotta say this is my first stick car and I LOVE IT. The feeling is like nothing else I've experienced. It's a crapload of fun :thumb: . Now that being said coming from an auto 2000 Accord LX lol... Can't wait to finally start putting in to the car when I'm not dead broke anymore.

I plan on doing the CT Intake as the first thing to install for performance, then I'll probably buy the hfp suspension for a drop and tint the windows. Can't wait to get workin on this baby.

Here's 2 pics for now. I'll try to have some more up tomorrow since I have to go to a party tonight.

Cheers

EDIT: Update on page 2 or right below

Well I thought I might revive this once again.

Finally got some new parts in today:

Haven't installed them just yet, but here's some pics from the box.

Boxed

Unboxed

Sweet

I should be getting my KiddRacing header by monday and have that installed by next weekend hopefully so look out for a build thread coming soon.

UPDATE #3 12/15/09

Well I got the springs installed, header should be installed soon maybe by next weekend or shortly after.

Before

After

Update #4: 1/14/10

Opening the box for my first major modification to my car was sweet, I'll have those pics of the box opening up later on tonight. Opening it up though I noticed that some of the pipes were a bit misshaped and bent a bit, which is fine for the price I paid and shipping through usps blows from what I've heard so I can imagine what the box went through.

So it has been sitting in my basement for awhile now, I just couldn't figure out how to put it together since it was out of wack and nearly impossible to put on. So today I brought it to a friends house and he had a pretty good idea to go along with beating it in with a rubber mallet.

He figured we might as well try to clamp the pipes closer and heat up the pipes that go on the outside where the pipes slip together. This worked perfectly, but the only side effect is you get the burnt look which is sort of similar to the tip on the Greddy exhausts if i'm not mistaken. However this shortened the time to put it together greatly. I really don't know what we would have done if we didn't have a blow torch, so that's my suggestion to people who are having a hard time putting it together.

Here's some pics of it all put together.

To be honest, all in all the header is a pain in the ass to put together, but for the price it comes at, I think its worth it for what you get especially if you can catch a special on the header or something.

The install was supposed to happen today, but the header took longer to put together than expected, so I will have the pictures up tomorrow along with the full review of the header. For now feel free to discuss anything about this header or ask any questions.

UPDATE #5 (1/15/09): Installed the header today finally.

Let me start by saying thank you Honda for making it a PITA to remove the OEM exhaust parts from our car lol. It took me and my friend roughly 3 1/2 hours from start to finish, and we both are decently knowledgable when it comes to cars and installing parts. But that means nothing when you're dealing with corroded bolts/nuts that won't come off for 20 minutes.

Removal of everything was fairly easy minus the 3 bolts connecting the cat to the exhaust and some exhaust manifold bolts that were attatched to the engine head. Also the bracket you need to move to make more room for the header was a PITA and one bolt snapped so i'm hoping the one left will keep it in.

After all that the removal was fairly straight forward and easy, minus trying to get the header out. Just when I thought we hadn't even got to the hardest part yet, the header slid in beautifully and easily. Here are a few pics of it installed. Sorry about the crappy quality.

Review

It's not going to be too lengthy right now since I only got to drive in it for about 20 minutes on the way to work, but it sounds awesome so far with the stock exhaust. I can't really stomp on it yet since I need to get longer bolts to use as spring bolts, and i'm missing one of the 3 bolts needed for the Test pipe to the exhaust.

But ripping it once in 1st and 2nd I felt a noticable gain in power and it took both gears more quickly than before. I'll be able to post more later when I get the right flash pro map onto the car and get to finish adding the bolts/springs before it breaks.

Review update

After messing around with flash pro and getting the right map on the car... this header gives the Si BALLS. Like I couldn't believe how much better it was it hit me by surprise, and I expected alot out of this header lol. There was actually an onramp to a highway that the most I could get from beginning to where it merged on the highway was 60 but now I can easily get it to 70. That tells you alot about what this header can do. I did an edyno yesterday to get a base reading, and I did one tonight with the header on around the same time and the same exact place, so I'll have that comparison up shortly so we can get a rough figure of what this thing did.

Update #6 (3/15/10) :

Ok well I got dyno'd today at Jeff Evans tuning, and I have to reccomend to go to him for any type of dyno'ing or dyno tuning which of course is his specialty.

Had an appointment to get in by 10 with FA5Kris, but got stuck in traffic getting over there and got there at about 10:20. Got setup quickly and right onto dyno and I'm just amazed at the speed of this guy lol. The appointments are spread by the hour, so I was to go at 10 till 11 and Kris from 11 to 12, but it ended up being me from 10:30 to 11 and Kris from 11 to 11:30.

Had a fun trip over there and got to hang out a bit and take a look at all the sweet cars in there. Can't wait to go back and get my car dyno tuned once I get my full race 3".

So everyone who want's to know what kind of gains the full race 3" gives over stock exhaust with intake / header, I will have that dyno up before it's tuned then get a dyno when the car is tuned to see the final numbers.

Here's the dyno as of right now:

1st pull is in green, 2nd pull is red, 3rd pull is blue

The blue is a little hard to see, so i'm trying to find a scanner to scan the printout I have which might make it clearer, should be up by tonight.

198 hp, 152 tq

Look at that torque dip before vtec kicks in, it almost goes up by 40 tq :eek:mg: feels like a turbo :giggle:

The dyno video as promised.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
That dealer is in jersey city. I'm around newark if you're familiar with that

^Oh I'm loving it already I can't stay out of vtec. Gotta make a bank account for saving up gas funds now

Sweet man, I used to live in Newark. I used to live by the Walnut/Jefferson intersection lol.

What part of newark are you from?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha thanks guys. Yea I'm happy with the look of the FA5. Originally got one because I've always liked 4 doors on a car but i'm really digging the style of it compared to the FG2. I'll try to post some more pics up tomorrow when I get a chance.

Sweet man, I used to live in Newark. I used to live by the Walnut/Jefferson intersection lol.

What part of newark are you from?
Well I'm living in Kearny now but back then I was near the corner of Lafayette and Van Buren so I was pretty damn close lol

1 - 20 of 80 Posts