8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aright, so I have stock fogs and if you put the filter on just a little, the filter hits the foglight and the bumper doesn't go on right.....if you push the filter down the pipe a bit the bumper still doesn't go on right....so I had to actually push the filter as far as the pipe would let me...THEN the bumper fit fine...

Now, my question is, is this bad?? Am I not going to get enough air flow?? Is this going to cause any engine problems?? I just keep thinking weird things now, like I think when I let off my clutch in 1 and 2nd gears it feels "wobbly" and I am relating that to the intake....hrmmm, am I right??

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Yes, that is definitely bad. The car is going to feel like it's suffocating for air. It'll probably not idle correctly and you'll feel it sputter. You want the intake to be on just enough to be clamped and doesn't move. Which intake do you have? If it's the Injen intake, then you should cut your fender liner to prevent the intake from being pushed up ahead.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the Injen.....Yea, I cut the liner and the intake sits fine, nice and back....not pushed foward at all....but if I put the filter on the end it actually hits my stock fog light and the bumper doesn't sit right, I can't push the bumper in all the way.....I'm going to pull it off tomm and resit the filter

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
what i did was put the right side of the bumper on then held the bumper over on the left side as close to the car as possible and reached my hand up in there and pushed the intake and filter upwards while pulling the bumper towards to car. it eventually cleared and the bumper went on fine

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jeremy0203 said:
what i did was put the right side of the bumper on then held the bumper over on the left side as close to the car as possible and reached my hand up in there and pushed the intake and filter upwards while pulling the bumper towards to car. it eventually cleared and the bumper went on fine
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, I might try that too tomm... !

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Originally the filter should sit right behind the little hump on the pipe. I have mine pushed about 1.5 inhes from that hump do to my fog light retro. I dont have any of the symptoms you have. I will eventually cut the intake pipe some. You should do the same, but honestly I never had a clearance issue with my stock fogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts