8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Should I fill my keyhole on the driver door?

• Fill it

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Leave it alone

Votes: 25 64.1%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my car is in teh shop getting body work done I was thinking of filling in my keyhole on teh drivers door......I've never used it in the almost 2 years I've had teh car. I never use a valet so teh only time someone gets my key is if I take it to teh shop. I only have 2 days to decide before they paint my door
what do you think?

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Shave the door handles and put door poppers in while your at it... :rotfl:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i would leave it. i had to use mine for the first time the other day. my damn battery died. i tried it once when i got it and then last week. twice in 2 years but you will be pissed if you need it cause your battery dies. just my .02

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
that is my key/clicker battery not the car battery.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
i would leave it. i had to use mine for the first time the other day. my damn battery died. i tried it once when i got it and then last week. twice in 2 years but you will be pissed if you need it cause your battery dies. just my .02
:yeahthat: you beat me to it man

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought about the battery dying.....I do own a slim jim tho

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Paul,

The shaved would be a sick idea only cons are the quality of the kits that are out there and also the placement of where you going to put it because sometimes if you put it in the wrong spot it will have issues opening and closing.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
:yeahthat: you beat me to it man
great minds think alike

I never thought about the battery dying.....I do own a slim jim tho
i do what i can to help. *brushs off collar*. jk. when you need the key hole you wont have it. no one notices it anyways. its not like you walk up to the car and go.... damn thats an ugly key hole. most people are looking at the car instead.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here man, might want to try this instead...I remembered reading this a while ago and wanted to try it, but forgot about it...now I might have to go do this as well. You'd be interested in the part towards the end of this DIY (steps 11+).

(Pic Heavy)
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4302&highlight=door+pull
I saw this when it was posted but theres one problem...this is for a sedan.....I have a coupe. Door handles are different....thanks for looking :thumb:

He ordered the rear handle and used it for the front

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
I saw this when it was posted but theres one problem...this is for a sedan.....I have a coupe. Door handles are different....thanks for looking :thumb:
damnit. i was actually considering this. never mind.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well I have a coupe too...maybe that's why I never got around to doing it either. Shouldn't it be pretty much the same procedure thought, just buy a keyhole cover for the coupe instead? Maybe have to dremel a little bit different of an area or something, but should be similar I think.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts