8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it when i was washing my car on monday, and found "rail rust" eating into my clearcoat, its horrid all over the sides and back, from the stupid plows on the highway. Suffice to say its costing me 100 to have it buffed cleaned and waxed at a detail place. ugh

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the world of Honda-Acura paint. The worst is any white, especially Taffetta. After winter it is a full day of claybar action on the whip with a fresh wax. Sucks but what can you do. I love white!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
monthly claybarring? thats completely unnecessary.

but ther ehave been people complaining that there was rail dust on their car from when it was delivered to the dealer. this could be what your seeing. how long have you had your car?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It got clay barred last month but the rail rust came from the snow plows on the highway. Its getting cleaned, clay barred, buffed, and lots of wax from the detailers, cause its about 31 degrees outside.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Try my detailing tutorial (CLAYBAR TUTORIAL) video sticky in the DETAILING section :D

Iron particles usually are caused by following too close to other vehicles, riding your brakes, driving on the highway a lot, following a road near a rail road, etc.

It should be taken care of RIGHT away.

Darryl

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I had what appeared to be rust speckles all over my front bumper awile back. I have no idea where it came from. At first I was scared it wasn't coming off. Then I broke out the good ol clay bar and it took it right off. This was me when I got all that crap off---->:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.