8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiji Blue is sooo over rated. I love the color, but I hate how many people have it. Just gets me kinda mad, anyone else have this problem? lol

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have a FBP FA5. Funny, when I bought the car on Memorial Day, the salesman and new car manager told me how rare a color it is. After I got mine, it seemed like most of the FG2's and FA5's that came in were FBP.

I wish it was more of a rare color. It is not overrated at all IMO. In fact, I think it is the best looking color. I went gaga when I saw it for the first time. However, I think the entire palette of colors that Honda offers for the Si are hot. I love them all.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^true, they're all hott, and I love my cars color, I just don't feel like I wanna drive around with a color that alotta peeps have.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
remz857 said:
^true, they're all hott, and I love my cars color, I just don't feel like I wanna drive around with a color that alotta peeps have.
I think what is exacerbating the situation is all the attention given to the Mugen Si. Being that it is offered only in Fiji Blue and the fact that dealers are marking it up ridiculously, there will some hostility towards the color.

I wish American Honda had chosen Taffy White for the Mugen Si. It is the color offered in Japan for the Type R and has historically been the color of choice for Honda in motorsports.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
^ well lets face fact that white is too comon color on cars HOW MANY (make or model of cars) have white on the color selection??????? Fiji blue is kinda rare color you dont see it on other make/model just the Si have it

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
when i think si, i think blue.

could care less how many people have it. i get complimented on it almost daily.

·
Registered
326 Posts
first memories of an Si were seeing the 99 electron blue (similar enough) civics with the VTEC on the quarter panel. its a great color and a staple of the SI

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i too am not very happy at the fact that everywhere i go i see atomic blue
these days. and EX sedans too.

i should've bought white.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Errr...

sorry, but if FBP Fiji Blue Paint, or something crazy like ffffing black purple?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
its rare IRL because the average person doesnt have the guts to get such a bold color. on here its common because we are all enthusiasts we get bold colors.

for example, hardly anyone here has ASM yet IRL its hugley popular.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
I think what is exacerbating the situation is all the attention given to the Mugen Si. Being that it is offered only in Fiji Blue and the fact that dealers are marking it up ridiculously, there will some hostility towards the color.

I wish American Honda had chosen Taffy White for the Mugen Si. It is the color offered in Japan for the Type R and has historically been the color of choice for Honda in motorsports.
Taffy White =/= Competition White.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I diden't choose my Fiji Blue I would've gotten white like my buddy's. Taffy White with black red-lined rims. ugh so sexy lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I love my Fiji, I hardley ever see one. I think I have seen like 3, and I live in socal. On the other hand I would be pissed if I bought a NHBP, I see a million of those, after that GG is also popular around here.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
i love my fiji, i get compliments all the time on it. im glad i decided on the color that i did. and ya i see them alot but i mean....its a civic. its not that rare of a car so once people see how kick ass they are, they are going to buy them. and once they see the color up close...they are going to buy it. so i agree, but whatever...just have to make urs original.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
When I think Si...i don't care what color it is...Si is an Si...
I walked out with a NHB Si sedan and I was lucky cause that's what color i wanted but if they didn't have a NHB i would have gotten a GG or RR or Habi or Fiji Blue or Silver...ya knoww...

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I love my Fiji too, Ive only seen 2 or 3 others in my area and easily twice that amount of all the other colors

1 - 20 of 36 Posts