8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really that rare? I'm looking for a FB Si w/navi and no one even has a fiji blue to begin with, much less one with a navi. So my question is, does anyone know where I could find what I want. I've been to the Honda dealerships in Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks. And I just got off the phone about 20 mins ago with a salesman from the Galpin Honda, and he said they don't have one either. So if anyone knows where I could find one, that would be great. I want an 07, but if it's too late, then oh well, I guess I'll have to wait..:waiting:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I see plenty of fbp's (just not many in the dealerships I've been to). I bought mine through an internet deal. I went to a dealership near your area. I got it from Kolbe Honda in Reseda. All I can say is search around and hopefully you get a little luck. My Si had just came in that day when I bought it. I am planning on getting an aftermarket navi later on. If you really have your heart set on a Si with navi, then can't you just throw it in when you purchase it?

·
Registered
334 Posts
My brother found one in Cerritos last month and jumped on it. WITH NAVI.

Just keep looking man, just remember that you can always back away if the deal is not good. My bro got his for $22 ish with navi.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FBP FG2 said:
I am planning on getting an aftermarket navi later on. If you really have your heart set on a Si with navi, then can't you just throw it in when you purchase it?
Yea, thats what I was thinking also. They can throw one in at the dealership if they dont have one that already has it installed...right?

·
Registered
199 Posts
they are a little harder to get..but not rare..i have one! and mine had to be brought to the dealer i was at.. i dont have navi..

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found one now. But my dad is away on business and wont be back till saturday. So I have to wait till saturday, hopefully the car is still there on saturday..:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Drop a deposit on it. Those are usually refundable anyway and are usually only $500. *Only* because it's a pin drop in regards to how much you'll be paying for the car anyway. Good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called them, 3 times today. The salesman didnt seem too friendly. "Hey man, if we sell it, we sell it. It's not yours." That's what he told me..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Keep on looking. Ask the dealer when there next shipment will come in. That is what I did. My dealer had a FBP with Navi on the showroom floor. I went for one with out navi. They didn't have one available, but I asked when there next shipment would come in and they had one FBP coming in within a week or so. So I basically bought the car that day because they had the actual VIN number on their shipment log. It came in two days later. A FBP is beautiful in the sunlight.

If you want navi, you need to buy it with navi. It has XM satellite radio and an antenna is mounted on the roof of the car from the factory. You also get the voice controls with the factory unit. You will spend more money on a double din aftermarket unit. Or you can go for a portable navi unit like the Garmin. I think that the factory Navi has a cleaner look, then a portable unit. Good Luck on the search.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ Yea, I'm going to go on saturday. If they have it, then great! If not, then oh well. I'll just ask about their next shipment. And I agree with you on the cleaner look. The Navi just completes the dash.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, I guess they haven't sold it yet. They called me not too long ago to ask me to schedule an apointment if I was still interested in the car. So I made one. Gonna go saturday, and if the price is right, imma go home with a Fiji Blue Coupe Si w/Navi :thumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
If it's not too late, e-mail the internet sales manager at that dealership. Also, use the Honda web site to e-mail alot of other california dealerships to just get the quote from them--since you'll need to print it out and take it with you.

I forgot the girl from the bay area that did something similar to get her Si, but she ended up with an awesome deal from a dealer in West Covina, I think.

Anyway, I found mine by doing something similar--called and e-mailed the internet sales manager (as soon as I could get their number). After about 30 dealerships--Galpin and both Miller Honda dealerships responded, but Galpin had a car with more than 100 miles on it, and the Miller Dealerships were too high with a very obvious mark-up--I got a call from Jun at DCH Honda in Gardena for a FBP FA5.

Regardless of the dealership, I'd recommend avoiding the sales people in the showroom, and contact the internet sales manager.

YMMV

·
Registered
424 Posts
definitely go through internet sales...so much easier...and they usually give you a better deal than the salesman on the floor...

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I already made the appointment, and if I don't like the deal then I'll e-mail an internet sales manager from a different dealership and get them to get the car from the previous dealership. haha and I'll just buy it from them..:thumb:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm, no Si for me today. :( My parents want to wait till I turn 18 next month, so that way the car could be under my name. Not mad, jus a little bummed. Oh well, when I do get it, it'll be all the more sweeter!!! :dancing: :vtec:

·
Registered
178 Posts
heyy wad up mang.. i read your posts on the fiji blue civic si.. I happen to have an 07' fiji blue si coupe. I WORK AT GOUDY HONDA IN ALHAMBRA AS A INTERNET SALES MANAGER! DONT TRIP I CAN WORK SOMEHTING FOR YOU, WE JUST SOLD ONE YESTERDAY. IT WAS A 07 CIVIC SI COUPE WITH NAVI, FIJI BLUE PEARL TOO! HIT ME BACK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts