8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
the driver in the Si does not know how to drive right (neither do I)...

or the SS is really good.. HAHA not..

Ide still rather have my Si over any domestic named car..

SHawn..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guys buck up..........that's a 2.4 liter S/C taking on our beloved 2.0 i-VTEC...........now.......lets see what happens when we talk about that same 2.4 S/c taking on a 2.0 i-VTEC either S/C or Turbo.........I think they'll end up cutting film when the SI pulls ahead as to avoid evidence.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hondaid said:
Guys buck up..........that's a 2.4 liter S/C taking on our beloved 2.0 i-VTEC...........now.......lets see what happens when we talk about that same 2.4 S/c taking on a 2.0 i-VTEC either S/C or Turbo.........I think they'll end up cutting film when the SI pulls ahead as to avoid evidence.
2.0L Turbo i-VTEC will own a S/C SS Cobalt... I know so. ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
come on people, when we start doing some serious mods on our SI's, there won't be any questions or concerns raised about some cobal SS...
Cobalts are weak ass anyway. Cobalt=Cavilear :thumb:

·
Registered
172 Posts
All_bets_off said:
Cobalts are weak ass anyway. Cobalt=Cavilear :thumb:
= ***

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I dont understand..

I normally run against my friend in the highway, and he has a Mustang GT, and in the highway I can take him, so I dont understand how that Si didnt keep up..

Hmmmm, I heard the Si can take on a Subaru in the highway too, by alittle.

·
Registered
231 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Hmmmm, I heard the Si can take on a Subaru in the highway too, by alittle.
An Si can take on an STI? From all I've heard the STI will dominate an Si, were you referring to a different Subaru?

·
Registered
881 Posts
if an SI can't take a 2.5 RS that is rediculous...a SI would OWN a 2.5 rs, and prolly and WRX until about 45-50MPH, STI would dominate a SI's face off :hail:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I don't get why people are so riled up. The SS is faster to both 60 and the 1/4 STOCK anyway. An intake's not going to help the Si, when the SS is breathing easier as well. Get over it. I've driven the Cobalt SS. It's actually not that bad. I'd never buy one though. The seats suck, it's not as tossable as the Si (or my 101hp 97 HX for that matter), the limited-slip doesn't do it's job as well as in the Si or Type-R, and the wing is grotesque. But it was ok. Will be interesting to see how the SS fairs to N/A Si's pushing a good 260-300hp. I say N/A because there won't be as much tq as opposed to forced induction, which is a good thing. Keeps down wheelspin and tq steer so more power gets to the ground. I think I'm going to go N/A, but the thought of F/I is sooooooooo enticing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
We'll see which one is still going after 200,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts