8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned to put my FG2 turbo. I live in Quebec city. It's my daily drive car, so I want to know if it will be good in winter with our cold temperature, snow and all **** that the winter brings. I ran maybe 25000km a year, so let me know if I'm doing the right choice. I planned to be stock internal with 400 whp.

If many person got some problem with turbo kit, I don't want to have the head under the hood.

Thanks a lot for your answer

Max.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
as long as u allow the car to warm up before u drive it cold weather shouldnt be a problem..

Turbos LOVE cold air too.

DO NOT get a TDautowerkes manifold.

go with Fullrace, SSA or SRT.. if your looking for 400whp

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
honestly you would be better off just getting a wrx or evo solely for the awd, but if you insist on boosting your si then any of the major kits will be just fine.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
why do you want 400whp? and do you have someone up there that can tune it?
Why wouldn't he want 400whp? I'll tell you now that it isn't that big a deal. My car was perfect in the snow. MA and Quebec city aren't all that different weather wise in the winter. We get hammered with snow and sub zero temps and my car LOVED the cold air. If you go Full-Race I can etune it well enough to make it very safe for daily driving and relentless beatings.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answer. Yes i have someone to tune my car.I planned to buy a GT3076R. I want to boost for the first time up to 10.5 PSI that made me 1,17 PR and 467 cfm, right on the sweet spot of turbo GT3076R.
Soxfan143, why did you choose GT28? I mean, it's not a big turbo and it boost very soon, it will make a lot of wheels spin a low rpm.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Thanks for your answer. Yes i have someone to tune my car.I planned to buy a GT3076R. I want to boost for the first time up to 10.5 PSI that made me 1,17 PR and 467 cfm, right on the sweet spot of turbo GT3076R.
Soxfan143, why did you choose GT28? I mean, it's not a big turbo and it boost very soon, it will make a lot of wheels spin a low rpm.
I didn't "choose" it per say. I had the GT2871R Full-Race spec upgrade turbo for my GReddy kit and I bought it about a month before I finally pestered Full-Race enough announce they were making a kit for our car finally. So I just dropped a grand on the turbo and trying to sell it again would be tough. I already had it and all I needed was a turbine housing to adapt it to the Full-Race manifold and stuff.

Short version, I already had it and didn't have enough money to get the 30R and all the FR gear. I'll tell you it's awesome for every day driving and stuff. I don't even have to downshift in traffic. It spools instantly. I wouldn't recommend it for big power or anything but for road racing it is really good. Although it runs out of steam up top pretty quickly. A 30R is a much better match for this high breathing motor.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I make drag racing frequently, so I think GT3076R will be the good choice for me. Daily drive killer with over 400 whp, just hope that tranny and axial shaft won't broke.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Why wouldn't he want 400whp? I'll tell you now that it isn't that big a deal. My car was perfect in the snow. MA and Quebec city aren't all that different weather wise in the winter. We get hammered with snow and sub zero temps and my car LOVED the cold air. If you go Full-Race I can etune it well enough to make it very safe for daily driving and relentless beatings.
you don't count. your crazy with your car anyways!! :dance: I don't think you'll ever stop with the power gains lol.

the GT3076 is the kit that I will be switching to. I'm only going to run the FR Mani and the 3076.

I make drag racing frequently, so I think GT3076R will be the good choice for me. Daily drive killer with over 400 whp, just hope that tranny and axial shaft won't broke.
you won't kill your tranny and axel's IF you know how to drive... just be careful. I wouldn't dragrace your daily driver often though. you'll end up breaking things frequently if your planning on doing it with stock items.

why wouldnt u want 400whp + if u can afford it lol
it's not about affording the price for the $400whp. But the thing is, even at 300+whp, things will break, and need "fine tuning". It's not necessarily about the price for the kit, or the price for the install, but it's about the price you pay to keep things running in great condition. Snow is NOT ideal for our cars. Judging by the first post, I'd say that the OP is still in the learning stages of boosting this particular car, and I'd agree with the above statement. If it's snowing and cold often, i'd go for an Evo or WRX. But then again, there's nothing like seeing the look on an Sti/Evo/Z06's face when they hear that BOV.. People expect the aforementioned cars to be fast, but when they see our cars boosted, they look like "Oh S.H.I.T."...

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Damn... that's bogus man. Return that and demand they make one that looks like the the product they're listing
i need my car back and i have enough money to just go ahead and blow it for the sake of fun..

i hear good stuff about the new SSA mani that is coming out so ill prolly buy it when it comes out and ditch the TDA mani

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone here does customs piping and manifold on his turbo kit ? I find full race kit too expensive, there's nothing on that kit. I know someone very talented to do this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts