8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does driving with the A/C on alter the AFR?

If I spend my time tuning part throttle now, would I have to redo everything every time I was to install an additional mod?

Also, is there a specific reason why columns 2-6 are part throttle, and 8-10 are wot?

Also, why are the rows for tuning fuel in flashpro only available in breakpoints of 500, with the exception being the RPMs in the 5000's? Seems like a more accurate AFR could be achieved with lesser intervals throughout.

And the part throttle afr goal should be 14.7, correct?

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, no one has any answers?

Also, I've tuned WOT for 3rd gear on a specific flat road to 13.1 AFR. However, I recently datalogged on a different street, which wasn't as straight/flat, and got consistently leaner AFR (around the 13.8 range). Does the change in gear account for the change in AFR, or would it be the slope of the road? I'm a bit baffled as to how to correctly tune if there is so much variation.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does driving with the A/C on alter the AFR?

If I spend my time tuning part throttle now, would I have to redo everything every time I was to install an additional mod?
At least some minor changes will be needed, depending on the mod you add.

Also, is there a specific reason why columns 2-6 are part throttle, and 8-10 are wot?
Calibrations are RPM x Pressure.....for WOT, default setting at Flashpro consider 800mbar as WOT. Also, depending the altitude you are, you will never use column 10 (mostly used at sea level or closer to sea level).

Also, why are the rows for tuning fuel in flashpro only available in breakpoints of 500, with the exception being the RPMs in the 5000's? Seems like a more accurate AFR could be achieved with lesser intervals throughout.
You can change that, take a better look into the Help File.

Also, I've tuned WOT for 3rd gear on a specific flat road to 13.1 AFR. However, I recently datalogged on a different street, which wasn't as straight/flat, and got consistently leaner AFR (around the 13.8 range). Does the change in gear account for the change in AFR, or would it be the slope of the road? I'm a bit baffled as to how to correctly tune if there is so much variation.
Aim for a richer AFR...12.8 for example. If the road you're at was uphill, engine load was higher and that's why you got 13.8 AFR.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Aim for a richer AFR...12.8 for example. If the road you're at was uphill, engine load was higher and that's why you got 13.8 AFR.[/QUOTE]

Why such a big difference depending on load? Does that mean that if I tune it in 3rd gear for 12.8, I might go lean on higher gears?

I currently have Cobb AP, but considering the switch. With AP MAF tune it is the opposite it goes rich in higher gears/loads.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There's a lot of things that affects AFR, such like altitude, weather and engine load. You can aim for 13.1 and keep that way for the rest of your life, that will not be dangerous for your engine because the ECU will compensate for the variations. You wont go lean in higher gear, but you'll certainly get richer in higher gears after a few minutes, but not too much, and it's something that you shouldn't worry about.

Personally, I like to tune the engine for maximum power and then rich up the AFR a little bit. But that's me, you don't have to do that unless you want to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts